Halloween Costumes: Or Are They?
Halloween is not just for kids. It’s also the favorite time of year for a group of people most humans don’t even know about: the Others.
Vampires, demons, and werewolves. What if you found out those things were true, but with a twist? They aren’t the monsters you feared growing up, but species of beings from different dimensions who travel here to Earth via an interdimensional portal. Normally they glamour their appearances to look human, but Halloween is the one time of year where they can let it all hang out. Blue skin? No problem, you can pass it off as body paint. Razor-sharp claws? Must be fake.
Half animal, half man? It’s gotta be a really cool costume, right? Right?
Those who know about the Otherworlds accept that the strange things they see on this one crazy night of the year could be all too real.
So here are some of the beings you might see out this coming Halloween:
• Demons: A race from a dark, hellish dimension called Infernum. They are stronger and faster than humans, and they’re very diverse. Some, like the aviritia heroes of my Demons of Infernum series, look mostly human. Others are far more grotesque. Yoda and the gremlins? Yeah… they’re based on nagora demons.
• Vampires: Creatures born on the Enevoran dimension, or made by a blood exchange with another vampire, thereby altering the DNA. Vampires have porcelain skin, red lips, and fangs that distend during feeding.
• Shifters: Also from Enevora, they can shift from humanlike to animal form. Wolf, panther, lion—you name it, there’s a shifter for it. There are even some who shift into animals we’ve never heard of.
• Fae: These creatures range from dark fae—with their blue-gray flesh and long, dark hair—to air sylphs, from brownies to pixies.
• Sirens: The legged cousin to the mermaid, sirens (both male and female) are sexy and stunning, with a fluid grace to their movement. They can also breathe underwater, so don’t ever challenge them to a game of bobbing for apples!
This is just a small sampling of the many types of creatures living here on Earth, passing themselves off as humans. So next time you’re at a Halloween party and you see an alluring vampire or a cute faerie pass you by, ask yourself the question:
Is that a Halloween costume, or could it possibly be real?
One eCopy of MARK OF THE SYLPH (Book 2 in the Demons of Infernum series) by Rosalie Lario
To enter leave a comment on this spot with your email