Saturday, September 8, 2012

Interview with Jinni James Author of The Wolf's Maine

Can you tell readers a little bit about yourself and what inspired to write in this particular genre?

First of all thank you for having me today. I am a thirty year old wife and mother to two precious girls and one step daughter. I do have a full time job which leaves little time for writing but it is my passion so I fit it in everywhere I can.  Paranormal Romance has always fascinated me.  I love the outrageous, out of this world romance.  How can things like shape shifters, werewolves, and vampires not be entertaining?  I think it is just writing about the fantasy that gets me going.

What inspired you to write this book?

A lot of things inspired me to write this story.  A lot came from real life experience that I embellished to make a better story because come on real life is just not that much fun. *wink*

Please tell us about your latest release.

The Wolfs Maine is a story that had been rolling around in my brain for years but I never could actually get it down on paper.  Like I mentioned before a lot of the story comes from my real life experience.  I was in a bad marriage but once I ventured out I found my true soul mate.  I added in shape shifters and vampires to make the story more fun.

Is there a character that you enjoyed writing more than any of the others?

I had a lot of fun writing from Avalon’s point of view as well as John’s in this book.  I did favor writing Avalon’s more just because she is discovering just who she is.

Do you have a formula for developing characters? Like do you create a character sketch or list of attributes before you start writing or do you just let the character develop as you write?

I have a rough idea of how I want the characters but basically I just let them develop as I write.  They love surprising me.

Do any of your characters have similar characteristics of yourself in them and what are they?

My main character Avalon and I have a lot of the same characteristics.  She doubts herself a lot as I do but she is full of passion like myself as well.  The character Jaci is based on my best friend; they definitely share a lot of the same characteristics like not having a filter from their head to their mouth.  The character Lena is based on another one of my best friends who both are much more down to earth but with fire inside of them.

Do you ever suffer from writer’s block? How do you deal with it?

I definitely suffer from writer’s block.  I suffered from it for years up until recently. That writer’s block was bad.  I could not think of a thing to write.  Now the doors are opened in my mind to where I can write but I still find those moments where I have no clue what to do next.  When that does happen I walk away from the computer and sleep on it.  That usually works every single time.  After a good night’s sleep I usually know what to write next and it usually hits me on my way to work.

Do you write in different genres?

The Wolfs Maine is a Paranormal Romance but the book I am writing now is a Contemporary Romance. So I plan on writing in different genres of romance.

When did you consider yourself a writer?

Once The Wolfs Maine was finished and published that is when it really hit me.  I am loving it.

What are your guilty pleasures in life?

Oh I love this question.  My guilty pleasures are a good romance book, chocolate, coffee, and Greys Anatomy.  I don’t know what I am going to do when that show is no longer on television.

Other than writing, what are some of your interests, hobbies or passions in life?

I don’t have much time for anything other than working, kids, and writing but I love to read and spend time with my hubby and my kids.  Shopping!  Does shopping count?

What was the last amazing book you read?

Under the Vampire Moon by Lynsay Sands.  She is definitely one of my favorites.

Where is your favorite place to read? Do you have a cozy corner or special reading spot?

This is going to sound cheesy but my favorite spot to read in is my loveseat while my husband is in his chair next to me playing on his computer.  There is just something romantic to me about that, I am not sure why.

What can readers expect next from you?

Right now I am almost finished with my next novel called Business and Pleasure. It is a Contemporary Romance about a successful business woman who finds herself attracted to the man that is trying to buy out her publishing company.  I wanted a story with a successful, powerful, self-sufficient, independent woman who happens to find the one thing she is missing.

Where can readers find you on the web?

Would you like to leave readers with a little teaser or excerpt from the book?

Sure.  Enjoy. J

“My breath stops as he gets closer to me.  Then I see him.  He is even more gorgeous than his picture.  He has such beautiful features, dark as night hair, beautiful green eyes that I could lose myself in, six feet of total perfection standing in front of me in jeans and a black sweater. 

“Ava dear. Breathe.”  I let out a long breath that I hadn’t realized I was still holding but yet I still can’t talk.  I am just frozen which wouldn’t be a surprise standing out here but I am not even cold, just a complete statue.  

This man in front of me can’t be interested in me, there is just no way.  He could have any beautiful, tall, blonde chick he wanted.  That is the only type of woman that would look right standing next to him. 

“Ava. Are you ok?”  I just stare at him but I did manage a “I..uh..I..yes.”  He giggles as he walks up to me and wraps his arms around me for a hug. 

“I have been waiting for this moment for so long.  I am so happy you decided to come over.  I hope you do not feel uncomfortable at my home.” 

No, I just feel uncomfortable with how beautiful he is. 

“Thank you for having me.”  

“Ah, she talks!” He lets out a laugh again and I can feel myself manage a smile.”

September 7 Guest blog and review
Crazy Four Books

September 7 Guest blog
The Surveillance Report – 

September 8 Interview
Fang-tastic Books

September 9 Promo
Roxanne’s Realm

September 10 Promo and review
Butterfly-o-Meter Books

September 10 Guest blog
A Bibliophiles Thoughts on Books

September 13 Review & promo
Starry night nook reviews

September 13 Interview
Juniper Grove 

September 14 Guest blog (review later)
Carly Fall - Where Fantasy Meets Romance

September 14 Promo

The Wolfs Maine
By Jinni James

Genre:  Paranormal Romance

ISBN:  147838431X
ASIN: 978-1478384311

Number of pages: 206
Word Count:  55,702

Cover Artist:  Elaina Lee with For the Muse Designs

Book Description:  

Avalon felt like her life was set on repeat. Every new day was just like the one before until Avalon's friends talk her into venturing out and leaving her dead end marriage behind. Little did she know that she would meet her soul mate face to face and that he would ignite a desire in her that she never knew existed. John had been watching over Avalon ever since her parents died when she was three but she had no clue.

She had only been talking to him online for two years. She slowly learns that there is a whole world and a whole story she had not known about involving every one she knows and cares for. Her husband Nicholas is not the man she thought him to be, if he is a man at all and John seems to be more than he lets on as well. Avalon soon discovers the hidden truths but can she handle it? With Nicholas seeking vengeance can John and her friends help her?

 Author Bio: 

Jinni James is an administrative assistant, wife, and mother of two girls as well as a step mother based in Huntsville, Alabama.  Since child hood she has written many short stories and poems but never dreamed of writing a novel.  She attempted to write many stories but never finished.  Finally she was in the perfect place in her life to write a story that had been invading her thoughts and dreams for a very long time.  That story blossomed into her first novel The Wolfs Maine.  She is now currently working on her next novel. 


Jinni James said...

Thanks for having me today!

Alex cox said...

Find your best books featured product deals, books discounts, books coupons and much more with great savings only on, discounts on books item is not so much common in the world of online shopping but here on you can get best books coupons & discounts with great savings.