Friday, January 4, 2013

The Newfoundland Vampire by Charles O’Keefe: Guest blog






Music is a big part of my life, I go to many concerts every year, I play piano, I listen to music whenever I’m driving and so when I wrote a book music had to be a big part of it. Aside from weaving songs into the text I also tried hard to have the song mean something to the scene it’s used in and to the character who hears it. So with all that in mind I give you the soundtrack to my first novel, The Newfoundland Vampire. If these songs mean something to you, let me know! I always enjoy hearing from like-minded people.

1.     The First Cut is the deepest – Rod Stewart
2.     Rose Colored Glasses – Blue Rodeo
3.     Piano Man – Billy Joel
4.     Sonny’s Dream – Ron Hynes
5.     The Heart of the Matter – Don Henley
6.     Forever Young – Alphaville
7.     What am I doing here – Blue Rodeo
8.     Lost Together – Blue Rodeo
9.     Don’t dream it’s over – Crowded House
10.  Salisbury Hill – Peter Gabriel
11.  The Sound of Silence – Simon and Garfunkel
12.  Sympathy for the Devil – The Rolling Stones

Plus while the next few didn’t make the final version of the book, they were in earlier drafts and always make me think of my book.

13.  Better be home soon – Crowded House
14.  Come Undone – Duran Duran
15.  Vampire – Pet Shop Boys

In particular, I think “The Heart of the Matter” has some of the most meaningful and practical lyrics I’ve ever heard while “Forever Young” sums up one of the reasons Joseph (the main character) wants to be a vampire and how I feel about life and getting older. Thanks Roxanne for hosting, you rule! J


The Newfoundland Vampire
Book One
Charles O’Keefe

Genre: Horror/Paranormal/Vampire

Publisher: Penumbra Publishing

ISBN: 978-1935563853
ASIN: B007TRWUCS

Number of pages: 224
Word Count: 86,737


Amazon UK          Chapters

Book Description:

Like every other geek alive, Newfoundland native Joseph O’Reily secretly wants to be a superhero. At thirteen he fantasized about being a vampire, and ten years later he’s still fantasizing – but mostly about a beautiful redheaded woman who has eyes only for him. The one thing different about Joseph’s adult fantasy is that, amazingly, it comes true one night when he goes to a local university pub. Cassandra Snow, literally the woman of his dreams, invites him to her place for an evening of personal pleasure. Of course he’s not going to say no. But when strange things start happening afterward, Joseph quickly learns that not all dreams should come true.

About the Author :

Charles O’Keefe lives in the beautiful province of Newfoundland, Canada, with his wife and two feline ‘children,’ Jude and Esther. He works as an inventory manager and enjoys many hobbies and activities that include writing, reading, watching fantasy/science-fiction movies and television shows, gaming, poker, walking, acting, and of course fantasizing about vampires.





http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=826155483  






January 4 Guest blog
Fang-tastic Books

January 4 review
Books, Books, and More Books

January 5 Promo
Reginamayross's Blog

January 6 Promo
Pure Textuality

January 7 Interview
Roxanne’s Realm

January 9 Spotlight Feature
Victoria Danann 

January 11 Interview and review
Crazy Four Books

January 14 promo
A Bibliophiles Thoughts on Books

January 15 Guest blog and review
Beauty in Ruins - Speculative and Imaginative Fiction

January 16 Review
Michelle's Paranormal Vault of Books

January 16 Interview
Cloey's Book Reviews and Other Stuff

January 18 Guest blog
The Creatively Green Write at Home Mom

1 comment:

Charles O'Keefe said...

Thanks for hosting me Roxanne =) I'm going to see Blue Rodeo later this month for I think the 5th time. They are amazing live. Have a great day and a great weekend! :-)

 
BLOG DESIGN FOR FANG-TASTIC BOOKS BY BARBARA.
RED CORSET © HALAQUINN ARCADIAS. GOTHIC NIGHT © ASHEN SHARROW.