Monday, February 11, 2013

Interview Tears of the Fallen by K.M. Hager







February 4 Guest blog
Paperback Princess

February 4 Interview
Books in the Hall 

February 5 Promo
Storm Goddess Book Reviews

February 6 Guest blog
Secret Southern Couture, 

February 6 Promo
Michelle @ Mom With A Kindle

February 7 Promo
Bex 'n' Books

February 8 Interview
The Creatively Green Write at Home Mom

February 9 Guest blog
Reviewing in Chaos  

February 10 Interview
Roxanne’s Realm

February 11 Interview
Fang-tastic Books

Can you tell readers a little bit about yourself and what inspired to write in this particular genre?

I've always been into fantasy, at a very young age one of the first books I ever read was the hobbit and I was always dreaming away and making up stories and I think as I grew up that never seemed to leave me. I prefer my dream world to reality. Reality is a lot harsher and unfair at the best of the times, but in your own day dreams the world becomes what you want from it.

What is it about the paranormal, in particular vampires, that fascinates you so much? 

I think ever since Buffy and Angel I’ve been obsessed with vampire. I think it’s the dynamic of their relationship that appealed to me and of course he is extremely sexy.

What inspired you to write this book?

I was just browsing through the internet and I came upon a site about grigoris, how they were forbidden to fall in love with humans made me curious to find out more about them,  then once I researched it a little more I realised it would make a good book. Please tell us about your latest release.

Do you have a special formula for creating characters' names? Do you try to match a name with a certain meaning to attributes of the character or do you search for names popular in certain time periods or regions?

Because most of the characters in my book our angels, I wanted to pick names that were associated with fallen angels, so I found a great website telling you all the fallen angels names and what they meant. 

Was one of your characters more challenging to write than another?

Amy was hard to write for, especially in the attack scene. I had to try and imagine what I would feel like and how I would react if that had happened to me.

Is there a character that you enjoyed writing more than any of the others?

I love writing about Michael and his relationship with Amy. The more I write about Michael the more I seemed to fall in love with him myself.

Do you have a formula for developing characters? Like do you create a character sketch or list of attributes before you start writing or do you just let the character develop as you write?

No formula at all. I just try to let their characters build up through the story.

What is your favorite scene from the book? Could you share a little bit of it, without spoilers of course?

I didn’t realise how hard it would be to answer this question. Probably, my favorite scene for me would be when she realizes she in love with Michael, can’t say any more without giving anything away.

Did you find anything really interesting while researching this or another book

After I finished writing the first one and started to write the second installment, I came across a website with more fallen angels names on it, and one of the fallen angels was called Amy, president of hell, but that’s for the sequel.


Do any of your characters have similar characteristics of yourself in them and what are they?

I think there's a part of me in Amy; I think her strength comes from me the way she mangers to deal with every obstacle that’s thrown at her. I like to think I have a similar trait. I'm also in love with my joggers and trainers like she is.

Do you ever suffer from writer’s block? How do you deal with it?

Yes a lot. I go off and play the xbox or read a book. I recently read the others, but it disturbed me so much that I’m put off reading anything for the moment.

Do you write in different genres? 

Not at the moment, I’m not sure if I could write anything else.

When did you consider yourself a writer?

The day m own book was delivered to me. That’s when I realized I was a writer. I was so proud of myself that I had managed to achieve it and stick with it, because there was so many times, I wanted to just dump the book in the recycle bin.

What are your guilty pleasures in life?

Lots of things. Celebrity big brother at the moment and mcdonalds and the big bang theory because everyone makes me feel guilt when I sneak off for the hour to watch it in bed.

Other than writing, what are some of your interests, hobbies or passions in life?

I love telly, vampire diaries, arrow eastenders. I’m a proper telly addict.

What was the last amazing book you read?

The others, by James Herbert. It was disturbing and then to find out at the end its based on a true story, its put me off reading anything. But before that I read all three hunger games book in two days, loved them fantastic books.

Where is your favorite place to read? Do you have a cozy corner or special reading spot?

In my bed with a box of chocolates, and a cup of tea.

What can readers expect next from you?

Book two of the series is already out, so I’m hoping to start book three of the series very soon.

Where can readers find you on the web?

Face book, is the best bet. I’m still very unsure how twitter works but im always on face book ready to chat or to answer questions.

Would you like to leave readers with a little teaser or excerpt from the book?

 I looked up towards the shadows that had formed a ring around me, dancing delicately over my body and in the center was darkness, a shadow that had crept out from the night walls and was now lingering over me. A dark energy had my wrists pinned to the ground leaving me paralyzed. I stared up at the silhouette of darkness and I watched with terror as the monster shifted, showing a glimpse of a human face trying to escape through the dark. His head was shaking erratically left to right, revealing his features. Within a split second, a shadow of a man was sat on top of me with deep penetrating eyes, which seemed almost hypnotic but were also filled with sin. They were soulless, without a touch of humanity. He was the devil, the devil on his darkest day.  






Tears of the Fallen
Tears of the Fallen Book One
K.M. Hager

Genre: YA Fantasy

ISBN: 1479231843
ASIN: B0095G497K

Number of pages: 250
Word Count: 52000

Cover Artist: K.M.Hager


Book Description:

Amy Coleman on a mission to find her son, the only problem was up until two days ago she never knew she had a child.

Life for Amy is not worth living anymore; she has been brutally attacked; her nightmare of an abandoned child is seeping into her reality. There is only one person who can stop Amy's mission for death, Stephen. However, what Amy doesn't realise is falling helplessly in love with him will just lead her down a dark and deadly path and right into the middle of an angelic war.

About the Author:

K.M.Hager lives in Devon with her family. When she's not being a mother or a referee to her two children, she tries to get on writing her Tears of the fallen series.







No comments:

 
BLOG DESIGN FOR FANG-TASTIC BOOKS BY BARBARA.
RED CORSET © HALAQUINN ARCADIAS. GOTHIC NIGHT © ASHEN SHARROW.