Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Moonlight: The Big Bad Wolf


1. Do you feel that you can relate to one character in “this book” more than any other? And why?

    No. I don't relate to one more than another, but I love Rammel Hawking the most. And he knows it. He uses it                             to his advantage to manipulate me all the time.

One person recently told me that, if action figures of my characters ever come out, she wants to place a preorder for Ram. I have to agree with her. Because this saga has a lot of balls in the air (pun not intended, I swear). Ram is on the zigzag path of a hero's journey in a classical sense. Add to that the fact that he's drop dead sex and a one-woman elf and, really, what more could you want?

2. Many people feel the PNR genre is on the way out. Do you agree? Are there any changes you'd make to stay on the cutting edge of this genre? Will you change genres?

I think that will be true if more authors don't stop the vamp-by-number, more-weres-the-better rehash and try
for something different.
              
Before I started writing I spent two full years reading every PNR that had enjoyed any success to find out what                had already been done, then set out to create something new. I get a lot of feedback that starts by saying, "I                don't really know what genre to put this in..."  I love comments like, "She explodes stereotypes."
              
Also, I'm writing true Paranormal Romance. It's not paranormal suspense or paranormal mystery or paranormal   thriller with a love interest back story. The romance is the main plot for me. And romance is never going to be on        the way out.

3. As writers, we are bombarded with ideas every minute of every day. What’s the idea behind this series and    how did it come about?

I read Stranger in a Strange Land by Robert Heinlein when I was about twelve-years-old and have always been             fascinated by the concept of other worlds that are similar, but not identical.  I combined that with my formal     academic education in Paranormal Psychology, the fact that I always got along super well with boys, and voila.


May 22 Guest blog
Fang-tastic Books

May 22 review
Sun Mountain Reviews 

May 22 Spotlight
The Creatively Green Write at Home Mom


May 23 Interview
Pembroke Sinclair. 

May 23 Guest blog
the girl with red cape

May 24 Interview (review later)
Musings of an Independent Artist – 

May 24 Interview
2 Bibliophiles Guide

May 24 review
The Wormhole

May 27 Interview

May 27 Spotlight and review
Faerie Tale Books

May 28 Guest blog
Butterfly-o-Meter Books

May 28 Spotlight
Brianna Lee Book Reviews

May 28 Spotlight
Sapphyria's Steamy Book Reviews

May 29 Spotlight and review
Vicky at Deal Sharing Aunt

May 29 Spotlight and review
Bad Barb’s Reviews

May 29 review
Cloey's Book Reviews And Other Stuff

May 29 Interview
Roxanne’s Realm

May 29 review







Moonlight: The Big Bad Wolf
The Order of the Black Swan, Book 4
Victoria Danann

Genre: paranormal romance, fantasy romance

Publisher: 7th House
Date of Publication: 05/26/2013

ISBN: 978-1-933320-69-4 ebook
ISBN: 978-1-933320-64-9 paperback

Number of pages: 390
Word Count: 90,000

Book Description:

This is the fourth installment in the Black Swan serial saga. Reading in order is essential. The first book, My Familiar Stranger, is free everywhere. (Nominated for Best Paranormal Romance by REVIEWERS CHOICE AWARDS.  Nominated for Best Indie Paranormal Romance and Best Indie Fantasy Romance for READERS CHOICE AWARDS. Night Owl Reviews TOP PICK.

What would you do for love?

1. Storm's unexpected reply when tapped to replace Sol as the new Jefferson Unit Sovereign.  

2. B Team learns the shocking truth about the origin of the vampire virus.

3. Monq races to develop a defense system to repel invasion from Stagsnare.

4. Litha volunteers her father to help to Black Swan.

5. Desperation drives Stalkson Grey to embark on an adventure beyond his wildest dreams in a bid to save the Elk Mountain werewolves from extinction. In the process he learns that true love can find you in the strangest places, even when you’re far, far from home.

About the Author:

If you're looking for something new and different in PNR, you've come to the right place.

I write unapologetic romances with uniquely fresh perspectives on paranormal creatures, characters, and themes. Add a dash of scifi and a flourish of fantasy to enough humor to make you laugh out loud and enough steam to make you squirm in your chair. My heroines are independent femmes with flaws and minds of their own whether they are aliens, witches, demonologists, psychics, or past life therapists. My heroes are hot and hunky, but they also have brains, character, and good manners - usually - whether they be elves, demons, berserkers, werewolves, or vampires.

My first book, My Familiar Stranger, was nominated for Best Paranormal Romance of 2012 by the Reviewers' Choice Awards. Each of my books has remained on the Amazon best seller list in category every day since release. All three also earned the Night Owl Reviews TOP PICK award.

My work has been compared to J R Ward, Karen Marie Moning, Sherrilyn Kenyon, and Lara Adrian. For example:

"I do see shades of Lara Adrian's Breed books and shades of J R Wards Black Dagger books, but this story is unique enough that it stands out all on its own and can stand up along side those other books and I think given time will elbow them out of the way with the rich story telling and deep emotional core that makes you want to know more." - Kerry, Musings of a Bookworm

The Order of the Black Swan is a series that is also a serial saga. Each book is an episodic installment in an ongoing story. Join me for the adventure.

WEBSITE: http://www.VictoriaDanann.com

TWITTER: @vdanann

a Rafflecopter giveaway

No comments:

 
BLOG DESIGN FOR FANG-TASTIC BOOKS BY BARBARA.
RED CORSET © HALAQUINN ARCADIAS. GOTHIC NIGHT © ASHEN SHARROW.