Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Redemption – How far can a rogue go? with Kay Dee Royal


Redemption – How far can a rogue go?

Good question, right? How far is too far? Can the worse possible scenario ever be fully erased, even reversed…if we find out about a villain’s past and it feels justified in some empathetic way?

I took a course on Villains – how to make them redeemable, and honestly, Smoke, the rogue Alpha lycan in Savage Smoke, crosses the line and then some.

He and his pack of rogue criminals tore through book 1, Staring Into the Eyes of Chance, leaving a tidal wave of kidnapping, rape, and even deaths (the killing by his pack, not by his hand…but does that even matter when there’s kidnapping and rape involved?)

I’d had enough of him…he needed gone. It would be a sordid scene, played out to his notorious benefit as he’d possibly take another with him. For sure Smoke was marked for death in book 2, Savage Smoke. His savage ways were over.

But, he stole my pen and abducted my mind, playing on my empathy and sympathy. For months we battled…you kidnapped, raped, ran away with someone else’s primal-mate and marked her for your own! Who does that and gets away with it…no one!

Smoke: I had reasons for what I’ve done…I see that now, where I was completely blinded by hate and resentments. Life didn’t play fair by me, being the oldest and not making Alpha all because I was born runt of the litter. What the hell does that have to do with anything when it comes to brawn and intelligence?

Me: You lost your chance the minute you raped, the minute you kidnapped, the moment you marked someone else’s primal-mate as yours.

Smoke: You know our species goes by instinct with mating, we live for sex – I’m no different than the next wolf. As far as the primal-mates – they hadn’t consummated, therefore possession is everything *grins*

Me: You haven’t won my heart by anything you’ve mentioned here. You terrorized those women, besides abusing them.

Smoke: Who are you to judge me? I want to make amends, I want a chance to redeem myself…I want my own primal-mate. I deserve that for my brother.

Me: Crap! You would have to bring up your brother…I’d like to see how in the hell you are going to redeem yourself to him. This might be worth seeing how it all plays out between the two of you…


AND, so Smoke lives through book 2, will he die in Smoke -n- Bliss, Book 3? Do you think he can come back from being so far over the cliff?

 July 15 Guest blog and review
Erotica by Cori Vidae

July 15 Interview

July 16 Guest blog
Fang-tastic Books

July 17 Guest blog
Erotica For All, 

July 17 Spotlight
Smoldering Heat 

July 18 Guest blog
Books Books and More Books 

July 19 Spotlight
Roxanne’s Realm

July 22 Interview
Reader's Edyn

July 22 review
A Bibliophiles Thoughts on Books

July 23 Spotlight
Cover Reveals 

July 24 Interview
Pembroke Sinclair.  

July 25 Spotlight and review
Words of Wisdom from The Scarf Princess

July 26 spotlight and review
Faerie Tale Books

July 29 Guest blog and review
Alphas Authors & Books Oh My

July 29 Spotlight
All I Want and More –



Savage Smoke
Lycan International Investigation Agency Series (LIIA)
Book Two
Kay Dee Royal

Genre: Paranormal Erotic Romance

Publisher: Muse It Hot Publishing

Date of Publication: June 21, 2013

Number of pages: 223
Word Count: 58,000

Cover Artist: Suzannah Safi

Book Description:

Chance and his LIIA pack of agents search for rogue Lycan mastermind, Smoke, kidnapper of Lindsey and fifteen other human women he plans to use for procreating his own army.

Trevor, Chance’s right-hand Lycan, wants his mate back, but believes she’s fallen for her captor. Lindsey loves Trevor but believes he’s given up on her.
Will Trevor come around in time to rescue Lindsey and save her from shifting into Smoke’s pack, and will she even want back with Trevor after spending so long apart?

Warning: Sizzling HOT! Lots of two-somes, three-somes, even more-somes, stimulating, arousing, and positively natural…or supernatural.

About the Author:

Kay Dee Royal writes paranormal, fantasy, and contemporary erotic romance—maybe because it's also her favorite genres to read! She pens tales with wild, rugged heroes and strong, intelligent heroines. She'll give them both a few shadowy secrets, making her stories intriguing and fun. She resides in Southern Michigan with her family (her dogs, her cats, her caged husband... you get the idea). You can reach her at her blog and find the latest on her titles from her publisher, MuseItHot.












4 comments:

Kay Dee Royal said...

Hello Roxanne:) Thanks so much for opening your doors to me and the rogue beast, Smoke:) He hates when I call him that, but...if the shoe fits...well, it fits.

It seemed like a long haul to finish Book 2, Savage Smoke...and Book 3 initially stalled out, due to the same struggle I thought I'd left behind...but now we're cookin' ~ seems there was a word jam and now things are flowing like a tidal wave:)

Thanks again for having me...I love this place:)

Eva Millien said...

Thanks for sharing. Sounds like a great book and I am looking forward to reading. Thanks for the giveaway.

Kay Dee Royal said...

Eva, thanks so much for stopping by...I'm glad you like the sound of my book:) Good Luck in the drawing:)

Kay Dee Royal said...

Roxanne - it's been fun:) Thanks for everything.

 
BLOG DESIGN FOR FANG-TASTIC BOOKS BY BARBARA.
RED CORSET © HALAQUINN ARCADIAS. GOTHIC NIGHT © ASHEN SHARROW.