Monday, January 27, 2014

Passion From The Vine by Shannon Casey

Passion From The Vine
Shannon Casey

Genre:  Erotic Romance

ISBN: 978-1-4918-2508-2  
ISBN: 978-1-4918-2509-9
ASIN: 2013918106

Number of pages: 188
Word Count:  55,045

Amazon   BN

Book Description:

Izzy, a woman shattered by the man who was supposed to protect and cherish her, sets out on a journey to mend her broken heart and discovers a passion greater than she had ever imagined. 

Valentino, a man driven to expand his family’s empire and bury his own tormented past, finds a desire that runs deeper than the vines he tends. 

Enthralled with each other, Izzy and Valentino want a real relationship but can’t let go of their painful pasts.  Izzy, seeks her independence while still trying to hold onto Valentino, but he will not settle for pieces of her love and halfhearted trust.  Will these two broken souls, who were brought together by fate and bound by an irresistible attraction, be strong enough to overcome their own insecurities and give love a chance. 

Chapter 1

I can’t believe it’s finally here, my one year anniversary with my beautiful husband.  I never would have guessed when I met Mark five years ago in college that we would be married.  I was just a freshman and knew little about the world of relationships when I fell head over heels for him.  He was suave, handsome and getting ready to start dental school so it was no wonder that I couldn’t resist his charms.  He was my first real love affair and I did everything in my power to make us successful.  I knew from the very beginning that he was my knight in shining armor and I loved him for that. 

We managed to hold it together through four long years of college using snippets of time to create our bond and keep our love alive.  I learned to cherish small moments of time with him and to be grateful for the little things in life.  When it was finally graduation time I was ecstatic, not for the end of school but for the beginning of our life together.   Mark proposed to me the evening of his graduation at our favorite restaurant in front of our family and friends.  I found it all very romantic and a wonderful prelude to the beginning of our futures.

We opened our own dental practice eight months later and discovered that we made the perfect team.  Mark, with his charismatic personality and passion for his work and patients made the ideal dentist.  Then there was me the anal retentive dental hygienist with a mind for business and organization, together we were unstoppable.   It’s the life he always wanted us to build; a successful business of our own as a team.  We’ll we’re not exactly successful yet, but we will be. 

I have looked forward to this night alone with him for so long that it seems almost strange for it to actually be here.  We have barely seen each other since we opened the office, who knew starting a business took so much time?  Then there’s the time he has to be away at conferences and trainings.  I try to focus on the fact that soon we will be an established practice and have lots of time together.  But tonight I won’t think about all the sacrifices, because tonight is our night.  I have spent the entire day preparing his favorite meal of apple smoked steak, new potatoes, roasted asparagus, homemade rolls and a red velvet cake for dessert.  I also bought a sexy little number for later, which I hope he enjoys more than the food. 

The time seams to drag on and by the time six-thirty approaches I’m impatiently waiting by the door for his arrival.  I’m second guessing everything that I have prepared in my usually obsessive manner when I hear his key in the lock.  As the door opens I launch myself at him and firmly kiss his lips.  A look of annoyance crosses his face but is quickly replaced by a smile and I wonder if it was my mind playing tricks on me. 

 “Happy anniversary honey, I love you”, I tell him as I continue to wrap my arms around him.   He immediately stiffens and I wonder what is wrong, then I look at his face and realize that he has forgotten what day it is.  He offers an absent apology and I tell myself not to take it too harshly because he has been working so hard to create a good future for our family.  It shouldn’t surprise me that he has forgotten the significance of today given the past year.  

I take a deep breath, tell myself to relax and reach for his hand.  I guide him into the dinning room where I have put our best dishes out, lit dozens of candles around the room and have soft music playing.  I wanted to create an ambiance of romance for this evening and I feel that I have succeeded.  I tell him to sit down and quickly fetch him a glass of his favorite Merlot.  He sips it and remains quiet while I bring the dishes of food out.  I myself, keeping up a steady stream of chatter as I tend to talk when I’m nervous and the way he is watching me is making me very apprehensive.  As I sit the last dish down he says, “I’m sorry I forgot”. 
I quickly smile at him and feel some of the tenseness leave my body.  I tell him it’s ok and that I know he wouldn’t have forgotten if he wasn’t so preoccupied with the office.  My inner musings tell me that this is why he was watching me so intently and now it’s time for us to enjoy our evening.  We start to eat dinner and I notice that he is only picking at his food which makes me wonder if there is something wrong with the steak.  I self consciously ask if the meal is to his liking, somehow feeling that I have done something wrong.  He shrugs off my concern with a curt explanation that he isn’t hungry due to eating a large and late lunch.  I try not to be crushed by his declaration because he didn’t know that I had been cooking all day.  We sit there for several long seconds just staring at each other and I decide that I need to save this evening from disaster. 

I excuse myself and slip into the bathroom with the knowledge that I have hidden my sexy lingerie in there.  My desire is to make him hungry for something other than food.  I quickly strip down to my new black lace underwear and matching bra; I even splurged and bought the thigh high leggings and black stilettos to match.  I let my hair down, take a quick peak in the mirror and almost loose my courage, but this is my husband and he wanted me to be more adventurous so here goes.  I walk out of the bathroom in time to hear him say “goodbye” and hang up his cell phone.  He looks up, sees me and freezes.  His stunned expression gives me courage and I hold the blindfold up for him to see.  I saunter up to him and say “how about some dessert” as I start to slip the cover over his eyes.  He grabs my hand before I reach his face and stares into my eyes saying the words “I want a divorce” like he’s asking for a cup of coffee.   

Something keen to a slap in the face happens and I am too stunned to respond.  I sit down in the chair next to him on the verge of hyperventilation and stare at him like he’s just grown horns.  He rises from the table without another word and walks out of the room.  I just sit there staring at the wall trying to comprehend what has just has occurred.  When I finally regain conscious thought I jump up and follow him into our bedroom where he is pulling out an overnight bag.  I glare at him and blurt out, “Is this some kind of fucking joke?”  

“Afraid not, I’m going to stay with a friend for a few days and I want you out by the end of the week”, he declares with minimal emotion.  

“I don’t understand why you want a divorce.  It’s barely our first anniversary, did I do something wrong?”  
He looks at me with sadness in his eyes and simply states, “Look Izzy, you’re a nice girl but I can’t stay married to you any longer, you’re too perfect.  I want spark and fun in my life and we have no spark left.  Don’t make this any uglier than it has to be”.  

“So you’re just going to leave me without even trying and without an explanation?  Is there someone else?” 

The look he gives me says that I’ve hit the nail on the head.  “There is someone else isn’t there?  That’s why you don’t want to try, isn’t it and that’s why you’re always working late?”   

He sighs and is instantly angry with me, “Yes, I met someone who makes my heart race.  She’s spicy and exciting and it’s over, please just leave.  I don’t want to analyze this, you always want to talk everything to death and I’m done”.  He stops packing, dumps his clothes onto the floor and hands me the bag.  

I look from the bag to him, “You want me to leave?”  

“Yes, it’s my house and I want you out tonight”, he demands.  Wow, this is so surreal one moment I’m planning on having sex with my husband and the next I’m packing a bag to leave.  

I peer at the piece of luggage like it’s going to tell me something as he walks out of the room.  I go into auto pilot mode and proceed to throw some clothes into the bag.  I enter the bathroom to obtain some toiletries and see myself in the mirror.  Am I so bad that my husband can’t stand to be with me? I immediately start to visually dissect all of my flaws then scream “stop” at myself, grab some shit and head out.  When I walk out of the bedroom I see him standing in the kitchen with his back to me.  He hears me approach and turns towards me with a frigid expression on his face.  I don’t know how to respond so I tell him that I will call him later to set up a time for me to come back and get my things.  He tells me to call his receptionist, like I’m some fucking client.  I glare at him and manage a weak “Fuck you” as I walk out the door.  

About the Author: 

Shannon Casey was born in Turlock, California, the second oldest of eight children.  Being the only girl she had to use her imagination to entertain herself.  She was also a tom boy who never let the fact that she was a girl slow her down.  She learned to ride horses better than the boys and practiced her hand at roping and barrel racing.  

She married her high school sweet heart during her senior year and became a mother at seventeen, but she didn’t let that slow her down.  Her daughter became her motivation to obtain her college degree and create a better life for them.  Shannon graduated from CSU Stanislaus in 1997 and soon after had her second daughter.  She went on to obtain two master degrees in psychology, two credentials and a private license. 

During her career as a psychologist she never gave up her dream of becoming an author, but as the years passed she never found the time to actually write.   Like most people, the daily grind and spending time with her children took precedence over her desire to create. 

Then she met her second husband, Corey Casey, through her older brother Anthony.  They married in March 2008.  When her son was born in July 2009 it was the perfect time for her to cut her hours to part time.  Corey inspired her to pick up her pen and write, telling her that she would never know unless she tried.   Since that time, she has written her first novel, traveled and found her creative outlet. 

Twitter: @Shannon79396996

a Rafflecopter giveaway

Jan 27 Spotlight
Stories of Romance

Jan 27 Spotlight
Eclipse Reviews

Jan 28 Interview
Roxanne’s Realm

Jan 29 Interview
Pembroke Sinclair.  

Jan 30 spotlight/excerpt 
Annette Gisby

Jan 31 Interview
Darkest Cravings - Adult Blog

Feb 3 Spotlight
Share My Destiny

Feb 4 Interview
Behind Closed Doors

Feb 5 spotlight
Author Karen Swart

Feb 6 Guest blog 
Erotica For All 

Feb 7 Interview
Book in the Bag

Feb 10 Spotlight
Midnight Musings with Bertena 

Feb 10 Interview
The Creatively Green Write at Home Mom

No comments: