Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Interview: After the Summerland The Witches of Spring Hill By Patricia Proctor



Hi! Thank you so much for having me on Fang-Tastic Books! I’m thrilled to be here and excited to share a little about one of the characters in my book, After the Summerland, the first book in the Witches of Spring Hill Series available now on Amazon.

After the Summerland is a book about sixteen-year-old fraternal triplets, Chloe, Rowan, and Kaiden Alexander, who discover they are the reincarnation of three powerful witches and they are living on sacred land that magnifies their abilities. It isn’t a coincidence that they learn about this just as another set of fraternal triplets moves to town. Cian, Xavier, and Brianna Silvan know all about the Alexander triplets and have moved to Spring Hill for a very specific purpose. Their attraction to each other is just as powerful as their distrust, but in order to overcome the force of dark magic bearing down on them, they have to find a way to come together and defeat a power unlike anything they’ve ever seen before.

Rowan Alexander is one of my favorite characters in this book. She’s a little bit snarky, has a mind of her own, isn’t impressed by boys who chase her, and tells it like it is. Here is a character interview that will give your readers insight into this fiery girl.

Name:  Rowan Alexander

Nickname: Red, but Xavier Silvan is the only person that calls me that and I hate it when he does!

Bio:  I’m sixteen years old, I live in Spring Hill, North Carolina, I’m a fraternal triplet – I have a brother and a sister, I only like school because of the social aspect, though I’m actually super smart and get good grades, I can’t wait to get out of Spring Hill, oh, and I’m a witch.

Physical description: I’m totally the best looking out of the three of us! (LOL) I’m 5’6”, and have long, auburn hair that I wear both curly and straight, and I have green eyes.

What’s it like being a triplet?

What’s it not like? I don’t know. We don’t look alike so most people don’t know we are triplets, unless they know us, like everyone here in Spring Hill does. But since we’ve found out that we’re witches, we do seem to have a deeper connection, but I don’t know if that’s because we’re witches or if it’s because we’re triplets. It’s like I can sense when Chloe or Kaiden are happy or sad, angry or hurt. It’s kind of cool.

Did you really have no idea at all that you were a witch?

No, not at all. Chloe says that she knew something all along, but I’ve never had any kind of feeling about it. I wish I would’ve though – I was shocked and angry at my dad when I found out.

How has becoming a witch changed you?

I feel closer to Chloe and Kaiden now, well, they don’t annoy me as much as they used to, and I don’t mind being outdoors as much – I actually like going to the clearing and practicing spells. Once my abilities manifest, I’m sure I’ll change a lot more. I just hope it happens soon... I hate being last at anything.

How do you feel about keeping a secret that you’re a witch from all of your friends?

I don’t really care. My dad says it will change the way people look at us, but I don’t think my friends would act any different. They’d probably wish they were witches too.  I’m used to keeping secrets though. Since my dad is the chief of police, I’m always finding out things about people in town that I’m not supposed to know.

What did you think when you first laid eyes on Xavier Silvan?

Ugh... I mean, he’s hot, but he’s probably like every other boy. His hair’s cool, and he’s got these eyes... they’re really dark, almost black. But he seems cocky, and I hate that.

What about the other Silvans, Brianna and Cian? How do you feel about them?

I don’t trust any of them. Brianna is pretty, I guess, but she seems like she’s needy and I hate that. Cian’s cute in a quirky, weird kind of way – he’s the nicest so far. I still don’t trust him though. I have a feeling that Chloe likes Cian more than she’s letting on, but I just know that they’re all keeping something from us and I’m not letting my guard down until I find out what they’re doing here in Spring Hill.

Tell us something about your sister, Chloe, and your brother, Kaiden.

Chloe acts like she’s all honest and open, but I know she’s got secrets of her own—I just haven’t found out what they are... yet. And Kaiden is very protective of the people he loves. Even though he intentionally annoys me, and acts like he doesn’t care about us – he’s very protective of us.


What is your best/worst quality?

I have a good sense of fashion – I dress well, definitely better than Chloe. My worst quality, I guess, is that I can be mean. But who isn’t sometimes?

What do you want for your future?

I want my abilities to manifest! I also want to leave Spring Hill— I want to see new places! Other than that, I’m not sure. I just want an adventure...

What is your biggest fear?

Being weak, especially because of a boy. I’ve seen girls in school get all weepy and sad if a boy doesn’t say ‘hi’. I guess I’m afraid of loving someone so much that they could turn me into that.


What is your favorite thing about being a witch?

I like the power that comes with it. Even though I can’t do anything yet, I’ve seen what Chloe and Kaiden can do and I just know my ability will be better than theirs – that’s why it hasn’t manifested yet, right?



You’ll have to read the series to find out more... but there’s a little bit about one of my favorite characters in the Witches of Spring Hill series! I hope you enjoyed it and thanks again for featuring me on your blog!


After the Summerland
The Witches of Spring Hill
Book 1
Patricia Proctor

Genre: YA Paranormal 

ISBN: 1484041291
ASIN: B00C6TP9Z4

Number of pages: 252
Word Count: 79,116


Book Description:

Teen triplets are shocked to discover they are the reincarnation of three witches living on sacred land. The land magnifies their abilities, making them more powerful witches – and targets. They aren’t the only ones aware of the power the land gives . . .

Chloe, Kaiden, and Rowan Alexander can’t wait to meet the new triplets that have just arrived in town. They are determined to find out if they are anything alike. The attraction is instant, though they soon discover they share more than just being fraternal triplets – in fact, Brianna, Cian, and Xavier Silvan are also witches with a secret of their own.

They must overcome their distrust of each other and join together to fight a much stronger witch, who wants the sacred land for more than the power it gives.


It’s a paranormal coming of age story where the teens discover the purpose of their existence, explore their new powers, new relationships, and overcome family secrets, all while becoming stronger witches. They must learn quickly so they can protect themselves and the people they love from the force of dark magic bearing down on them.

About the Author:

Patricia Proctor lives in Seattle, Washington with her husband and cats. She has a Master's degree in Library and Information Science and has had a love of books and reading her whole life.

Visit author website: www.patriciaproctorbooks.com   


a Rafflecopter giveaway


March 3 Interview
Pembroke Sinclair.  

March 4 Guest Blog
Coffee Addicted Writer

March 5 Interview
Laurie's Paranormal Thoughts and Reviews

March 5 spotlight
Eclipse Reviews

March 6 author interview
Author Karen Swart

March 7 Guest blog
What's Beyond Forks?

March 10 Interview
Mythical Books

March 11 Spotlight
Paranormal Romance Fans for Life

March 12 Spotlight
Share My Destiny

March 13 Interview
Books Direct

March 13 review
Rockin' & Reviewing 

March 14 Spotlight and review
Penny For Them...

March 14 Spotlight
Corey's Book Reviews      

March 17 Spotlight
Fantasy Book Lane

March 18 Interview
Mom With A Kindle

March 19 Guest blog
Ebook Escapes

March 20 Spotlight
Soaring Eagle Publicity

March 21 Interview
Fantasy Book Addict

March 24 Spotlight
3 Partners in Shopping, Nana, Mommy, & Sissy, Too!   http://3partnersinshopping.blogspot.com

March 25 review
Lunar Haven Reviews & Designs

March 26 Guest blog
Fang-tastic Books

March 27 Spotlight
BookwormBridgette's World

March 28 Interview
Roxanne’s Realm

March 31 Review
Adrienne Woods books and reviews


1 comment:

Patricia said...

Thank you so much for hosting me and featuring my book on your blog!

 
BLOG DESIGN FOR FANG-TASTIC BOOKS BY BARBARA.
RED CORSET © HALAQUINN ARCADIAS. GOTHIC NIGHT © ASHEN SHARROW.