Happy 4th of July one and all!
Kat de Falla here, author of the dark fantasy: THE SEER’S LOVER
Top Ten Reasons I think America is beautiful:
1. My dad was a maintenance man at the post office and my mom has her BSN in nursing. I have my Doctor of Pharmacy degree. With hard work (on their part and mine), the American dream is alive and well.
2. America has it all…deserts in Arizona, California, and New Mexico, temperate rain forests in Oregon and Washington, mountains, and tropical beaches!
Check out this guy, he got it right: http://mybeautifulamerica.com/mybeautifulamerica.htm
3. Because my grandmother took a boat here alone when she was ten. She didn’t speak the language. When I was a little girl, she told me her first experience here was going into an ice cream store and pointing. She didn’t know what ice cream was, but she wanted some!
4. Soccer! I know Baseball is the national pastime and I was in the Brewer Pepsi Fanclub as a child where Robin Yount and Paul Molitor and Rollie Fingers signed my catcher’s mit, but this year, I have sure enjoyed The World Cup with Team USA!
5. Talking about the weather. I’m a pharmacist and an immigrant to this country was standing in line waiting to pick up his prescription and the older man in front of him and I were discussing the weather. When the older gentleman left, the immigrant said, “Why are all of you Americans obsessed with discussing the weather?” Uh…because we are! Small talk is peaceful talk and the world could use more peace!
6. There is no other place I want my children to grow up, go or not go, to college. We tell them every day that they can change the world and I believe that they can.
7. Movies – we make amazing movies. I love movies. All my books must play out in my mind as a movie, or I can’t write them. America makes kick-ass movies. (My husband would argue that Japan is close second with Godzilla movies and martial arts movies.)
8. McFlurries – I know McDonald’s is terrible for you…yada yada yada. But where else can you drive five minutes at midnight and bring home delicious ice cream with M&M’s mixed right into it?
9. The right to bear arms. It’s okay with me.
10. I love America because my ancestors believed in this country, so much so that they packed up and left everything they knew to come here. I am living, breathing proof that their lives did improve. They fell in love, got married, had babies, and died in this great land. It is in their honor, for their love and belief in this country, that I am here and you are reading this…right now.
Happy 4th of July one and all!
Whatever country you are reading this from, be proud.
We all live under one great sky and are one giant family united by unbreakable bonds.
The Seer’s Lover
Kat De Falla
Kat De Falla
Genre: Paranormal Romance
Publisher: The Wild Rose Press
Tag Line: Calise Rowe's question of who walks among us leads her into an ancient war between seers and demons.
For years, Calise Rowe has been able to sense unusual energy from people, making her believe she is different. Pulled into an ancient war raging for centuries between demon hunters and seers, she's about to find out she's right.
Her search for the truth leads her to Lucas Rojas, a seer of angels and demons who walk the earth shrouded from normal human eyes. He's hidden his gift for years and refuses to endanger Calise by sharing it with her.
In the sultry Costa Rican Jungles, their worlds collide. As their passion and desire ignite, so does the ancient war between demons and seers. Will their combined efforts be enough to save themselves and the entire human world, or will their new found love be their downfall?
Book Trailer: http://youtu.be/17gFt26ncoU
Available at Amazon
About the Author:
Author Kat de Falla was born and raised in Milwaukee, Wisconsin where she learned to roller skate, ride a banana seat bike, and love Shakespeare thanks to her high school English teacher.
Four years at the UW-Madison wasn’t enough, so she returned to her beloved college town for her Doctor of Pharmacy degree and is happily employed as a retail pharmacist where she fills prescriptions and chats with her patients.
She is married to her soul mate, classical guitarist, Lee de Falla and raising four kids together ala the Brady Bunch.
Author Website: www.katdefalla.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/authorkatdefallaa Rafflecopter giveaway
June 9 Guest blog
The Creatively Green Write at Home Mom
June 10 Spotlight
June 11 Interview
June 12 Spotlight
Lisa’s World of Books
June 13 Spotlight
June 16 Interview
June Issue Bewitching Book Tours Magazine
June 17 Spotlight
The Tome Gnome
June 18 Guest blog
Cloey's Book Reviews and Other Stuff
June 19 Spotlight
Tanyas Book Nook
June 20 Spotlight
Deal Sharing Aunt
June 23 Interview
June 24 Top Ten List
June 25 Interview
June 27 Character Interview
Author Karen Swart
July 1 Interview
The Avid Reader
July 2 Spotlight
Jodie Pierce's Ink Slinger's Blog
July 4 Guest blog
July 7 Review
Paranormal Romance and Authors That Rock