1. Favorite movie/actor/actress? I've never had time to notice. Would much rather be sneaking out to hunt Fallen Ones.
2. Favorite song/singer? Anything that gets my heart pumping or fills me with the exhilaration that I feel when I look at Eran.
3. Favorite food? Muffuletta sandwich, hands down. It is my go-to lunch. There's something about that salty goodness that I can't resist! Like Eran's lips after a good workout!
4. One item you cannot live without? My sword. It's a trusty companion when I come across an enemy salivating to take my life or the life of another.
5. Who would you like to meet (dead or alive)? I can meet just about anyone dead or alive, given my unique ability. However, one entity does remain elusive…the one who created creation, the one who started it all, the one who produced life its self. That one…I have a lot of questions for.
6. Favorite hobby? Sending our enemies to eternal death, comes to mind, but that's more of a way of life. So I'd have to say…riding my awesome Harley Davidson Sportster, especially into the school parking lot while the faculty are arriving in the morning.
7. Guilty pleasure? Eran. He's been off limits to me for a long time so you can probably guess why he was the first one to come to mind.
8. Favorite author and book? The ones who put together the Book of Dossiers on the Fallen Ones. Those individuals are brave, the kind of brave that humbles you. When you think about how close one has to get to an enemy who wants you dead, close enough to know they regularly reek of onions, it leaves an impression in the back of your mind.
9. Do you collect anything? Rapiers and to a lesser extent fashionable leather fighting attire. With each fall to earth, I seek out both, in the order mentioned. The rapier is self-explanatory. The leather suit, well, there's nothing like kicking some butt in intimidating foreign fashion.
10. Favorite color? Black, green, brown…Anything that provides camouflage against a background where I'm hiding in wait for my enemies return.
Genre: Young Adult Fantasy Romance
Publisher: Audeamus LLC
Date of Publication: April 1, 2009
Number of pages: 274 pages
Fallen - the first book in the Guardian Trilogy...
Maggie is unaware of the terrifying fate that awaits her. It isn’t until she lands in New Orleans for a full year at a private high school and her unknown enemies find her does she realize that her life is in danger.
As a mystifying stranger repeatedly intervenes and blocks the attempts on her life, she begins to learn that there is more to him than his need to protect her and that he may be the key to understanding why her enemies have just now arrived.
“So you’re warning me away from you?” I was appalled. “Then why are you doing this…
guarding me at all? Why the torment? Why watch over me when you know that…that we should be more?” I felt on the verge of tears, which amazed me. How could pain be so sharp in the afterlife? “Answer me, Eran. Why?”
He sighed. “Because it is my job.”
I gasped, more offended than I’d ever been. “I’m a job to you?” I stared at him and waited for his head to rise but he refused to look at me.
“Yes,” he said weakly, defeated. His beautiful, rugged voice released as a whimper and the pain inside me grew. “You are just a job.”
I didn’t think it was possible but the emptiness I’d felt with Eran being gone those many weeks held no comparison to the magnitude of what I was experiencing right now.
I felt as if I had been gutted.
“No…” I shook my head. “I don’t believe you because you see, Eran, I can feel your emotions run through me. Whether you want to admit them or not, I know how you feel about me.”
Stunned, his head jerked up, his brilliant blue-green eyes drilling into mine. “You feel me too? How can that be?”
“I don’t know. But I do know that I feel in you the same emotions I have.”
He groaned and turned away. “That’s not possible…” he muttered, pausing. When he spoke again his voice was strained, determined. I drew in a breath as the intensity of these emotions ran through me. “It doesn’t matter. I won’t let this happen. This will not happen…I will not let us be together.”
“Because you are my guardian? Then let me make it easy on us…You’re fired.”
“It doesn’t work that way, Magdalene,” he said, quieter but still resolute.
“I didn’t want you to watch over me, Eran. I never asked for it.”
As if he’d become an entirely new person, his reply was flat and detached. “You’re a messenger. You require a guardian. It’s as simple as that.”
“Then we’ve just solved the issue, didn’t we?” I said causing him to finally look up. “This will be my last message. It’s from me to you…goodbye Eran.”
Turning swiftly, I walked away just before the tears came.
About the Author:
Laury Falter is a bestselling author of young adult romantic suspense and urban fantasy. She has three series out: the Guardian Trilogy, the Residue Series, and the Apocalypse Chronicles.
Twitter page: http://www.twitter.com/LauryFalter
Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Laury-Falter/196033543803745
Goodreads page: http://www.goodreads.com/lauryfalter
November 14 Spotlight
BabyCakes Book Blog
November 17 Spotlight
Wild & Lawless Writers
November 18 review
3 Partners in Shopping, Nana, Mommy, & Sissy, Too! http://3partnersinshopping.blogspot.com
November 20 Guest blog
Lostbraincell's Bookish Blog
November 21 Spotlight
Cassandra M's Place
November 24 Guest blog
November 27 Spotlight
CBY Book Club
November 28 Spotlight
Ashley's Paranormal Book Blog
November 28 Spotlight
Sizzling Book Blog
December 1 Spotlight
Lisa’s World of Books
December 2 Interview
Deal Sharing Aunt
December 3 Interview
The Creatively Green Write at Home Mom
December 4 Guest blog
Coffee Addicts Books
December 5 Interview
Musings of An Independent Artist
December 8 Interview
Urban Fantasy Investigations
December 8 Spotlight
December 9 Guest Blog
Diane’s Book Blog
December 10 Interview
December 11 Character Interview
Author Karen Swart
December 12 Guest blog