Friday, June 19, 2009

Free Book Friday: Torrid Teasers Volume 59 By Roxanne Rhoads


To celebrate this week's release of Torrid Teasers Volume 59 I am offering a free pdf copy.
I know, I know shameless self promo but hey if a writer can't toot her own horn once in a while who else is going to (Except maybe other tome loving tarts like us, right girls? And maybe the couple guys reading this site, who love our books and are not afraid to talk about it).


So I have the mini blurbs below for Torrid Teasers Volume 59 and something you won't get anywhere else. This is an exclusive Fang-tastic Books read, an excerpt from The Questioning Concubine, one of TT59's stories.


Blurbs:


Renata

The residents of the sleepy little town of Flushing, Michigan had no idea a vampire lived among them- seducing and drinking from all the men in town. Renata walked among them, blending in, taking only what she needed. One night while on the prowl for fresh blood at a carnival a handsome carnie caught her eye, she had no way of knowing he was a vampire hunter and that he was there for her.

The Questioning Concubine

Elita, a pure blood witch, has come home to find who or what killed her parents and to take her rightful place as the head of the coven. After 5 years of investigating and exhausting all conventional methods at her disposal she decides to do the one thing a good witch should never do, summon a demon. The demon is not what she expected. Elita is soon swept up in his power… and her own.


Exclusive Excerpt from The Questioning Concubine:

Suddenly there was a cloud of foul-smelling sulfurous smoke and a lot of cursing and swearing.

“What the bloody hell! I was just about to eat my supper. Why do you damned witches always decide to summon a demon when they’re about to eat their bloody supper?”

A demon with a British accent? Humph. I don’t know what I expected. The smoke cleared, and my jaw dropped. I certainly wasn’t expecting that. A drop dead fucking gorgeous man, excuse me, demon stood in front of me. I figured a demon would be ugly, something hideous with horns and yellow eyes. Instead I got a six foot something tall rock star with long black wavy hair, dark skin and dazzling, radiant...cat eyes?

Glowing green orbs with diamond slit black pupils stared at me as I looked him up and down. He wore leather pants that looked like they were painted on, a shimmery forest green silk shirt unbuttoned almost to his waist and boots that went halfway up his thighs. Oh, Goddess, I was drooling over a demon. Except for the eyes, he looked human…well, almost, I guess…if you were looking through the pages of Wet Dreams R Us or Supermodel Man Candy. Yeah, he was that beautiful, the most amazingly gorgeous piece of male flesh I had ever laid eyes on.

I couldn’t stop staring. I looked him up and down like he was under a microscope. As I looked closer, he didn’t seem to have hair anywhere on his body. Nothing but eyelashes, eyebrows and that long gloriously wavy black hair on his head. There was no sign of facial hair, no stubble, no shadow. No hair on his chest, nothing on his hands, wrists or what I could see of his arms. His skin looked so smooth. Too smooth and firm...and those eyes...I had made my way back up to those eyes. His beautiful green kitty cat eyes were staring at me with a questioning look.

For a minute I forgot to be afraid.

He took a step forward, and I backed up. Fear found its way back to me. He had a fork in his hand. That could be used as a weapon, not that a demon needed a weapon. He was a weapon. Not that he looked threatening, not really, not unless I was worried about my virtue being stolen. Not likely, but still. He was so gorgeous. I had to remember demon, Demon, DEMON.

Be on guard, girl, don’t let him get the upper hand. Demons are tricky and dangerous—that’s how they get your soul, right?

The demon was so tall, I had to look up at him. He was well over six feet, which made me feel quite small at five two. I was beginning to think he could have my soul if I could have a piece of him. No, no, no so not good. Where the hell was all this wanton woman stuff coming from in my head? Maybe it had been way too long since I had gotten me some, and this man…demon was stirring up my hormones.

“What do you want, little witch? You interrupted my supper, and I’m bloody hungry!”

I jumped when he spoke. Shit! I called up a cranky, hungry, sexy demon. Yeah, sexy. I couldn’t seem to get beyond that even with the fear poking at me. The fear showed through when I stuttered and stammered trying to talk to him. “I…I ne…ne…need so…somo…some answers.” Oh, God, he probably thought I was an idiot. It was like my teeth were chattering and I was stuttering at the same time. I felt like a complete moron.

He smiled and took another step toward me, I couldn’t move. Didn’t want to move. He reached out and touched my hair, and ever so lightly, his hand gently brushed my shoulder. Holy hell on wheels!


Have I got your attention? Does it sound like a good read?


If you would like to have a chance at winning a free pdf copy of Torrid Teasers Volume 59 containing the erotic paranormal pieces, The Questioning Concubine (the excerpt is above) and Renata then just leave a comment with your email address and I'll announce a winner on Wednesday.

10 comments:

LORETTA CANTON said...

Hi,

Both of the books sounds like a good read. I really like paranormals.

Soni Vamp said...

Hello Roxanne,
Attention gotten front and center. ;)
I'd be very much interested in that read!

Sonika

suenika@gmail.com (suenika at gmail dot com )

SharonJM said...

Oh my goodness, Roxanne, if I am not privileged to win, then this will certainly go on my TBB list. A handsome demon, something to be wary of. An being stalked by a vampire hunter.
Cool.

The Scarf Princess said...

Yes, you definitely got my attention and have left me (and obviously our heroine) panting for more.

joderjo402 AT gmail DOT com

Anonymous said...

Hi! The teaser sounds very intriguing. It definitely got my attention. I would love to read it.

Sue
okibi_insanity[at]yahoo[dot]com

Debby said...

These sound great. Please include me debby236@att.net

Heather B. said...

Yes please. Very tempting tidbits.

I would love to have a copy of this book.

SiNn said...

that sounds hot id love to get a chance to read that

lrhubble said...

Really enjoyed reading the excerpt. :-)


Larena
lrwirum@cox.net

Maija said...

I'd love to read this one :)
chayanna82(at)hotmail(dot)com

 
BLOG DESIGN FOR FANG-TASTIC BOOKS BY BARBARA.
RED CORSET © HALAQUINN ARCADIAS. GOTHIC NIGHT © ASHEN SHARROW.