Sunday, April 25, 2010

A Review of Shadows of Myth and Legend by EJ Stevens


.25

I love poetry, I especially love poetry that is lyrical or that creatively puts words together in a manner that I find pleasing.

The poetry doesn't have to be stuffy or take itself too seriously for me to be a fan, in fact I like it better when it doesn't take itself too seriously.

The poetry of EJ Stevens is dark, sometimes lyrical and always interesting. Stevens beautifully paints images with words, tells stories within the poems and holds onto a magical quality that is quite stunning.

But is it stuffy and serious? No. Is it something you might find in a literature class to decipher? Probably not. Thank goodness. I've had enough of that.

I just want to sit back and enjoy the flow of the words, the haunting world of myth and legend, of paranormal creatures and beasts of times long gone that Stevens has immortalized in the written word.

And enjoy it I did.

If you enjoy poetry as I've described you'll enjoy Shadows of Myth and Legend too.


5 comments:

E.J. Stevens said...

Thank you Roxanne for the wonderful review!

xx,
E.J.

Aubrie said...

Great review! I'm just starting this book and I love it as well.

Roxanne Rhoads said...

You are welcome E.J.

Unknown said...

great review i have to get this ;)

Steph from fangswandsandfairydust.com said...

Great review of EJ Stevens
Thanks
steph@fangswandsandfairydust.com
www.fangswandsandfairydust.com

 
BLOG DESIGN FOR FANG-TASTIC BOOKS BY BARBARA.
RED CORSET © HALAQUINN ARCADIAS. GOTHIC NIGHT © ASHEN SHARROW.