by Rosalie Lario
Ah, it’s almost Christmas...that time of year when lights decorate buildings, people are filled with holiday cheer, and you have to desperately figure out what the f*#% to get everyone on your list.
Needless to say, all the joyousness can become a little overwhelming when you’re trying to guess what others would like to receive as gifts. When in doubt, I figure you can’t go wrong with getting someone a movie or television series they would enjoy. So just for fun, and with the caveat that I don’t do scary (I’ve learned the hard way that they give me nightmares that last for months L),here’s my list of the top 5 DVDs to get for the paranormal lover in your life:
1. Supernatural: Two ghost hunters, a ‘67 Impala, and a trunk-full of weapons. That’s pretty much a recipe for good times. And if the recipient of your gift is a woman, the fact that the ghost hunters are a set of hunky brothers don’t hurt none either. Pretty much every season rocks, so why not start them off with Season 1?
2. Smallville: Okay, this is actually a show based on a superhero, but it’s still chockfull of paranormal aspects. Who could forget the Wall of Weird? Since the series is now over, you could even get them all 10 seasons in one complete boxed set!
3. Buffy the Vampire Slayer: This show has been off the air for close to ten years now, but it’s still a good one. Buffy is pretty much the forerunner to modern Urban Fantasy. Who doesn’t enjoy a kickass female on a mission to save the world? And the Spike-Buffy relationship? Whew! Spring for the complete boxed set with this one.
4. Devil’s Advocate: I saw this movie in the theatre without having any clue what it was about, and boy was I surprised! I expected it to be a legal thriller, but it was so much more. It’s still one of my favorite paranormal movies to watch, and I think it makes a great gift.
5. Ghostbusters: Another oldie but goodie. I personally loved the sequel even more than the first movie in the series, and have you heard? They’re talking about doing a third! I really hope that happens, cause if so, I’m totally there!
For you paranormal lovers out there, what movies or television shows would you recommend to those who enjoy the genre?
If you are looking for paranormal romance to read this holiday season, Touch of the Angel, Book 3 in my Demons of Infernum series, released this past month.
Here’s a blurb:
After months of no work, interdimensional bounty hunter Ronin Meyers jumps at the chance to locate an incubus who’s using succubi as murder weapons. Faced with deportation to hellish Infernum if he fails, Ronin will stop at nothing to take out the incubus and anyone else involved. Even the beautiful succubus who stole his heart—and nearly his life—during the most mind-blowing hour of his existence.
Night after night, Amara and her fellow succubi are forced to extract special abilities from the strongest Otherworlders for their psychotic master’s growing collection. When the gorgeous angel-demon hybrid she believed to be dead captures her, Amara is both stunned and elated.
But the happily ever after Amara’s dreamed about will have to wait. Before she and Ronin can find salvation, they must bring down the madman hellbent on destroying everything—and everyone—they love. And Ronin and Amara are at the top of his list…
Visit me at my website to learn more about the series: www.rosalielario.com
Follow me on Twitter: www.twitter.com/RosalieLario
Or Facebook: www.facebook.com/RosalieLario
Or you can purchase Touch of the Angel HERE.
If you'd like the chance to win a pdf or epub version
of Touch of the Angel
Leave a comment on this post
Be sure to include your email address