Friday, April 27, 2012

Tweet by Boone Brux: Love Knows No Bounds Anthology for Autism Speaks


I’m so thrilled to be part of Entangled Publishing’s project to raise money for Autism Speaks.

My novella, Tweet, was inspired by a real life event. As my husband drove around looking for a restaurant, I pulled out my iPad to search for the address. After finding it, I popped onto Twitter and began surfing. I don’t know how, but I stumbled upon Satan’s Twitter account. Seriously, the profile said, By clicking follow you agree to bind your soul to Satan. Or something like that in 140 characters or less.

My husband and I laughed and I said, “Wouldn’t it be funny if that was true?”

I froze with one of those wide-eyed expressions a writer gets when a great idea pops into their head. From that moment Tweet was born. Though there are more Satan and social networking stories in my near future, I had to offer this one up when Liz P. when she put out a call for the Autism Project. 

100% of profits go to Autism Speaks, an organization that helps families by providing resources and information. It’s amazing to me how many people are touched by autism and I’m so happy to give Tweet to this great venture.

Tweet Blurb:

When one time ultra-shy girl, Faye Albert, decides to live a little, she inadvertently binds her soul to Satan by following the Dark Prince on Twitter.

Now she needs to break the contract or face eternal damnation. With time running out and her desperation growing, Faye enlists the help of Christopher White, a gorgeous photographer from work and her secret crush.

To sweeten the deal Satan’s minion tempts her every step, offering her things she’s only dreamed of. Will Faye be able to say no to a lifetime of earthly treasures and possibly lose the only man she’s ever loved or will her leap of faith finally deliver exactly what her heart has yearned for?

2 comments:

Roxanne Rhoads said...

Isn't it funny how those crazy story ideas form?

My husband and I are like that too. We'll have some weird conversation and poof, lightbulb, I'll be like- hold on let me grab my notebook. LOL

Boone Brux said...

I love when that happens:)! Thanks for having me, Roxanne.

 
BLOG DESIGN FOR FANG-TASTIC BOOKS BY BARBARA.
RED CORSET © HALAQUINN ARCADIAS. GOTHIC NIGHT © ASHEN SHARROW.