Sunday, April 27, 2014

Guest blog with Yolanda Sfetsos: Sierra Foz Book Four


Hi, everyone! Firstly, I'd like to thank Roxanne for having me over here today. :)  

I’m here to celebrate the release of the penultimate book in my Sierra Fox UF series. It’s called TORN FROM THE SHADOWS and follows the ongoing adventure of a spook catcher who lives in Sydney, Australia. She’s been through a lot of weird and wonderful stuff since the first book in the series, and that’s a hell of a lot of things to remember. 

When I popped in last time I spoke about the importance of starting up a series bible and keeping it up to date with pics, info, timelines, tidbits, and just about anything/everything that I needed to remember for future reference. I’m constantly getting ideas and lose myself in a variety of different worlds with different rules, so detailed notes are essential. 

I’ve got a Sierra Fox Series Bible that is pretty much bursting because of everything I’ve added. But if I didn’t have all those pictures, weapons, locations, character details, etc. in one place and easily accessible, I would spend half of my writing time searching for keywords in the actual books. As much fun as that can be—I’ve actually done it several times, so I know it is—it can also be a total pain. And very time consuming.

Luckily, I’m also a note-taker. If I don’t write down my ideas and the snippets that randomly hit me upside the head as soon as they do, I run the risk of losing them. Also, when you’re writing a series the last thing you want is to have it riddled with inconsistencies, so I refer to my trusty Bible many, many times during each stage of the writing process. It always gets me out of a jam. 

Besides, now that the last Sierra Fox book has been written and contracted by my publisher, I definitely need all of this world’s information in one place. You know, just in case I decide to write those pesky spin-offs I’ve written notes about? LOL.

Without notes, I would be in a hell of a lot of trouble! And not just in my writing life. I also keep to-do lists for everyday kind of things. What about you? Are you a list-maker or note-taker? Maybe you’re like me and you’re both. ;)

Thanks for reading,
Yolanda


All it takes is one goddess-affiliated demon to seal the deal.  

Sierra Fox, Book 4
Sierra Fox knows better than to believe the demon-obsessed freakshow has given up on her. She’s settled into a nice routine of living with her sister, enjoying her relationship with a sexy werewolf, and staying on top of work—and always waiting for the other shoe to drop.
Predictably, things start falling apart as she’s suddenly swamped with surprise visits and unwanted advances, and someone she despises wants her help.
When a spook-catching training session goes horribly wrong, she encounters a man who’s not quite as dead as she’d hoped. Mace is now more than human and still determined to get his hands on her. But not if Sierra accepts the strengthening gifts her grandmother bestowed at her birth. 
Having the good guys put a price on her head is enough to ruin anyone’s day, but Sierra refuses to give up or give in. Even if it means exercising the last option on earth she wants. But claiming the ultimate power may not be enough to save the man she loves before his werewolf past destroys him.

Warning: Phantasms, pookas, werewolves, and demons, oh yes! And a spook-catching heroine who must choose to take what’s rightfully hers—even if it means walking the shadows with a demon.


SIERRA FOX SERIES
http://store.samhainpublishing.com/sierra-fox-series-346.html


AUTHOR BIO:

Wife. Mother. Writer. Bibliophile. Dreamer. Animal lover. Intrigued by the supernatural. Horror freak. Zombie enthusiast. Movie & music fan. Slave to her muse.

Yolanda lives in Sydney, Australia with her awesome husband, lovely daughter, and cheeky cat.

Website | Twitter | Goodreads 

No comments:

 
BLOG DESIGN FOR FANG-TASTIC BOOKS BY BARBARA.
RED CORSET © HALAQUINN ARCADIAS. GOTHIC NIGHT © ASHEN SHARROW.