Hello, Fangtastic fans. My name is R. M. Garry and I am the author of the paranormal erotic novel Beacon of Sound. This guest blog will change your life. Ok, that is not a true statement because I am just going to write about men I drool over. The following will be a top 10 list of my book boyfriends. Don't pretend you don't have one. The list changes every time I read a new book, but these are the ones that have stuck in my mind. Some of my men are heroes and the others straddle the line between good and evil. This list only contains paranormal hotties. Ignore the numbers because all of these men are my number one.
1. Jericho Barrons is the leading man/beast from the Fever series by Karen Marie Moning.
I love him because you never know if he is a hero or bad guy. Jericho will do whatever it takes to get what he wants. Being a hero ranks a fat zero on his list of priorities. His dark nature is both scary and erotic. I love me some tattooed Jericho Barrons.
2. Dr. Giovanni Vecchio is the main vampire from the Elemental Mysteries series by Elizabeth Hunter. Please tell me what in the world is sexier than a vampire who can control fire? Exactly, he is dangerous and sexy. Giovanni is a rare books dealer with a past that could destroy his future. He has the ability to control fire in and out of the bedroom. Oh, the flames we could ignite together.
3. Dante Garcea is an aggressive workaholic beta wolf who stars in Wicked Cravings, part of the Phoenix Pack series by Suzanne Wright. A woman loves a wolf who plays hard to get. Dante ignored his leading lady until she gave up on the chase. When he decides to pursue her, well let’s just say there were scorch marks on my Kindle. He is intense, dominating, aggressive, and sexy. I want a nice tall glass of Dante.
4. Prince Trehan Daciano is a vampire assassin in Kresley Cole’s paranormal novel Shadow’s Claim from the Immortals After Dark series. The prince enters a bloody contest to win the hand of his bride. He is passionate, intense, and powerful. Trehan will stop at nothing to claim what he wants. This vamp has a sword and loves to bite. He can conquer me any day.
5. King is the leading bad man from The King Trilogy by Mimi Jean Pamfiloff. King is the man you go to when you need something found. No matter what it is, he will find it for a price. I won’t tell you what he is because it will ruin the surprise. He is not a hero, he is just KING. Come find me King, we can pretend I’m lost.
6. Bastien is the bad boy turned almost good in Dianne Duvall’s novel Phantom Shadows from the Immortal Guardians series. Bastien battled the Immortal Guardians as the leader of a vampire army until he found out he was not a vampire. He is now trying to find his place as an Immortal Guardian while still being a badass. Bastien is fearless, sarcastic, and makes no excuses for being a bad guy in the past. I am always game to play with a hero who has a dark side.
7. Dragos Cuelebre is the fierce dragon in charge of the Wyr in New York. In Thea Harrison’s Dragon Bound, Dragos goes on the hunt for a thief and finds a mate. He is ancient, powerful, and wealthy. Dragos did not start off being a hero, he was too concerned with control and power. He dominates in the boardroom and destroys the sheets in the bedroom. I love a man who is too dangerous to care about being good.
8. Ephraim Williams is a pyte. Pytes are born vampires not made. He is featured in R. L Mathewson’s novel Tall, Dark, & Lonely from the Pyte/Sentinel series, but makes an appearance throughout the series. Ephraim had the worst childhood imaginable and has used that trauma to keep himself separated from the rest of the world. Even after being tortured by humans, he still finds the capacity to love and be passionate. I love a damaged hero who finds a way to love while rocking your world.
9. Dracula needs no introduction. Bram Stoker was ahead of his time. An ancient vampire who kidnaps a man then travels to claim that man’s wife is one bad … Most people see him as a villain, I think he is misunderstood. If given the chance, I would really spice this story up. Throw in some handcuffs, chains, bite play, and a modern castle, then Dracula becomes a modern day bad boy. Everyone knows I am a Dracula groupie so this addition to the list should have been expected.
10. Patrick Noir Alvang is the almost hero from Beacon of Sound by R.M. Garry. He is featured in book one of The Noire Dera series. Ok people, don’t tell me you expected a list of hot paranormal men and did not see this shameless plug coming. Patrick is the prince of the Noire Dera. He is on a mission to rescue a damsel who has no idea she is in trouble. I love him because he is bad. There is not a noble bone in Patrick’s body. He uses seduction as a tool to save Marie. In his world, bring a woman to orgasm 15 times is the only way to find out if there is poison in her system. See what I mean. Patrick is a naughty man. I hope Patrick saw my distress signal because being saved via orgasm is the best way to go.
Thank you for the chance to share my list of paranormal obsessions. Pick up their story and introduce yourself to these delicious men. Keep in mind that I picked them first and don’t know how to share.
Until next time, stay naughty Fangtastic readers.
Beacon of Sound
Genre: Paranormal Romance
Number of pages: 247
Word Count: 86,260
You can fight desire…
Marie DeLou doesn’t want to believe that her life is anything less than perfect. After all, how could it not be? She has a thriving mental health practice and a doting husband who loves her. Still, when a freight train of a man tears through her quiet existence, she has to wonder if things—and people—are not always what they seem to be.
…but there’s no stopping destiny
Prince Patrick Alvang of the Noir Dera has one job to do--to save the Beacon of Light, Marie DeLou, from the danger lurking within her walls. But between her smoking hot body and her equally fiery attitude, his task is a whole lot more difficult than he’d expected. Lucky for him, it looks like the only way to get to the finish line is to play dirty along the way…
Excerpt: A dance with the devil
Marie felt like throwing a party to commemorate the end of her crazy day. She had one client committed and had to stop another session early in order to get her last client to stop crying.
She changed quickly and was ready for the studio within 10 minutes of her last session. She put her new CD on and fought to get through the Brandon traffic.
Brandon, Florida had traffic at all hours of the day. It was as if the traffic Gods rejected the idea of a peaceful drive through the city.
Once she arrived at her studio, she bolted inside and locked the door. She pulled on her silky, beaded skirt and wrapped it snugly around her waist. She then tied a blue scarf to each wrist and began stretching. She turned on the stereo and let the magic begin. Marie started to relax as the sound of Anoushka Shankar’s sitar filled the small dance space.
She could feel the energy coursing through her body. The music threaded through the empty spaces in her spirit. She spun and danced to ISHQ and felt as if she was flying when “Dancing in Madness” floated out of the speakers.
She spared no expense when it came to her studio. It was a place where art came alive. Art and peace were flowing through her body when she saw someone standing outside the studio. Doctor Fallen Angel had come to pay her a visit.
Oh, this is surely the devil’s work.
She would not be decent to him. Refusing to pause the music, she released the deadbolt and let him in.
“Dr. Alvang, I want you to know that Marcel has sold you up the river. There is no way you’ll survive this.” She turned and walked to the center of the studio. She wound her hips to "Si No Puedo Verla" and waited for his response. “You will dance and not complain. You have invaded my peace and I will not give you anything until you’re broken by my music.”
Men hated to dance and she was prepared to mop the floor with the good doctor. Marcel was the only man that could keep pace.
Patrick didn’t hesitate. He walked up behind her and grabbed her by the waist. She relaxed into his hold for a split second. They danced like flames leaping to kiss the air.
It was flawless.
She became lost in the pain, pleasure, joy, and seduction of the sitar and the guitars. Patrick touched every inch of her and demanded that her body respond.
She backed away as her leg slid to his waist. He lifted Marie by the waist and positioned her closer. His palms were on the small of her back. The movement pressed their bodies close. There was no escaping.
It was as if he’d melted into her and bonded them together. The CD ended, and then, without warning, the song changed. Mark Rosas was singing "Higher" and Patrick continued dancing as if the shift in music was inconsequential.
She’d left that dance mix at home.
Why was it playing? The dubstep rhythm in the song gave him an opportunity to really show off. He lifted her into his arms again.
Patrick turned her toward one of the mirrors as he ground into her back. She wrapped her arms around his neck and felt his breath brushing against her ear. She was transfixed. Her eyes were glued to the mirror. Their bodies resembled an erotic oil painting.
Patrick pulled her in tighter and she melted into him. Their legs moved, but Marie was lost in the dance.
She heard Mark sing, “I just want to take you higher, com'n let me light your fire."
He spun her around and their eyes met. Patrick's were glowing cobalt beacons that held her gaze. His gaze remained locked on her as if mapping her every emotion. As the song came to an end, he slid her to the floor. And she came to rest in a kneeling position at his feet.
About the Author:
R.M. Garry lives with her three male children a.k.a the wolf pack and her husband of 12 years.
Writing allows her to maintain her sanity while juggling her world.
Her goal is to give readers a brief escape from the realities of their world.
When she isn’t writing, R.M. is reading and keeping up with her favorite authors.
For updates and book information readers can visit
Word Press Blog: http://authorrmgarry.wordpress.com/
January 26 Interview
Author Karen Swart
January 26 Spotlight
The Creatively Green Write at Home Mom
January 27 Interview
Deal Sharing Aunt
January 28 Spotlight
January 29 Spotlight
Chicas Love to Read
January 30 Spotlight
Mommabears Book Blog
February 2 Guest blog
February 3 Spotlight
Share My Destiny
February 4 Spotlight
Science Fiction And Such
February 5 Interview
Shut Up & Read
February 6 Review
Paranormal Romance and Authors That Rock
February 9 Guest blog
February 9 Spotlight
Lisa’s World of Books