Friday, November 6, 2009

Free Book Friday Vampire Taxonomy by Meredith Woerner


Now that millions have read and seen Twilight, where do they turn for vampire advice?

This wry, witty, fully illustrated, and bloody essential guide. Vampires are all around-books, movies, TV, comics- infiltrating our culture like never before. But what happens if one should run into a real vamp on the street?

Vampire Taxonomy is the best defense against a fatal encounter in the dark.

For the reader's protection, Meredith Woerner reveals the truth about:

•Sunlight sensitivity-Do vamps venture out in the day or stick solely to the evening hours?

•Physiology-When ready to feed, do they change appearance or simply lure with the seductive flash of a fang?

•Dress-Are they decked out in leather with aspirations of becoming the first vampire rock stars or do they cling to Gothic robes and ruffled collars?

•Diet-Are they waging a never-ending struggle against the temptation of human blood or do they view the world as their personal blood buffet?

Want to win a copy of Vampire Taxonomy?

I have two copies up for grabs, US shipping only please. Just leave a comment with your email address to be entered. Get extra entries for linking to this contest elsewhere.



Author Meredith Woerner started her search for vampires while pulling night shifts as a "copy kid" at the New York Post. Combining her supernatural know-how with a pulp pop awareness, she now writes daily about all the things that go bump in the night at Gawker's sci-fi blog, io9.com.

21 comments:

vickie said...

sounds like a groovy book ill link it around elsewhere vbarton24 at gmail dot com

Misty said...

Definitely would like this book. I've read a few reviews and excerpt on this one, sounds good to me. Love them Vampires and I'd love to have this book....

misty_labean@yahoo.com

Amanda from Novel Addiction said...

Definitely interested in this one. This is stuff we need to know! Teehee

Thanks!
Morning Glow

ohmorningglow AT aol DOT com

Kris said...

Would love to win this one...been looking at it on a couple of blogs and I think I'd love it!

ksg_amg(at)yahoo.com

ABCD Diaries said...

This sounds really interesteing...Thanks for the chance!
christinbanda(AT)yahoo(DOT)com

Aimee said...

Yup. I need this one. Thanks for the chance!

gevin13{at}gmail{dot}com

tetewa said...

Sounds like my kind of read!

Anonymous said...

This sounds awesome. Count me in!

angel28140 (AT) yahoo (DOT) com

Daelith said...

Count me in on this drawing please. Got my curiosity up now.

cheleooc at yahoo dot com

Thanks

Daelith said...

Posted this on my blog too
http://daelith.blogspot.com/

Linda Henderson said...

This sounds like a great book. I would love to win a copy.

seriousreader at live dot com

Andrea I said...

I would love to win the book. You can't ever get enough vampire knowledge.

kgamar said...

Sounds like the companion book to have - love hear about the sunblock necessary or the special dentist to the vamps

Would love to win the book - count me in!

kgamar said...

Sounds like the companion book to have - love hear about the sunblock necessary or the special dentist to the vamps

Would love to win the book - count me in!

kalynnick said...

Enter me in please!

kalynnick AT yahoo DOT com

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a fun read. Count me in. Thanks.

Sue
okibi_insanity[at]yahoo[dot]com

Debby said...

Sounds like a great book. I would love to win it.

debby236@ att.net

booklover0226 said...

This sounds like a great book.

Thanks,
Tracey D
booklover0226 AT gmail DOT com

SiNn said...

this book sounds awesome deff a must have adding to my wish list ty for posting!

mortalsinn@yahoo.com

Van Pham said...

Would love to win this book, sounds great!


LittleBookaholic(at)yahoo(dot)com

ktshabatie said...

Sounds interesting! Please enter me!

ktshabatie (at) gmail (dot) com

 
BLOG DESIGN FOR FANG-TASTIC BOOKS BY BARBARA.
RED CORSET © HALAQUINN ARCADIAS. GOTHIC NIGHT © ASHEN SHARROW.