Monday, September 20, 2010

Join Jacqueline Paige on her Mystic Perceptions Book Tour


Welcome Jacqueline. Thank you for joining us today.

Q: Let’s start out by getting the name of your newest release and what genre/category it falls into


A: Mystic Perceptions it’s the first book in The Hidden Senses Trilogy

It’s a paranormal romantic suspense


Q: Name one unique trait about your heroine or hero


A: Jacinda can ‘see’ emotions/images by touching someone and some objects.


Q: If an actor or actress was to play your heroine or hero, who would it be?


A: Michelle Trachtenberg (Dawn from Buffy – only the grown up version)
Wentworth Miller (Michael from Prison Break)


Q: Name the sexiest trait of the main man in your newest book


A: Definitely his eyes.


Q: What is the strangest source of inspiration you’ve had? Maybe something weird that ended up in one of your books or short stories.


A: Actually the strangest inspiration I’ve had was for Mystic Perceptions.


I can remember the day the idea came to me. I’d had a long and frustrating day out in the “public” and had been at the mall (I am one of those rare females that loath shopping), I can’t remember all of the details but I remember thinking after observing someone doing something more than slightly weird “What is that person thinking to do something like that?”



So when I was driving home, the odd thought of what would it be like to know what people are thinking came to me – and from that I created Jacinda’s story.

Q: Name one thing your main character would never leave home without


A: Reid, his gun.


Q What about you, what's one thing you never want to leave home without?


A: My cell phone (it has voice note options and is much easier than trying to jot down ideas while driving) but if we’re talking lo-tech I’d say a notebook and pen.


Q: Let's talk makeup- if you could only choose one or two cosmetics to wear which ones are your must haves?


A: Mascara and eyeliner. I was cursed with short thin eyelashes and eyes that dip at the outer edge – so without either of those I look like a sad deer.


Q- Just for fun Lightning Round


Light or dark?
Dark


Red or pink?
Red


Silence or Noise?
Noise


Coke or Pepsi?
Coke (only because there was no Fresca option)


Coffee or tea?
Coffee (with a chai latte chaser)


Abs or buns?
Abs


Vampires or Angels?
Vampires (I will settle for a Vampire named Angel – or a werewolf)


Q: If you could offer one tidbit of information for new writers, what would it be?


A: Whatever you have written put away for at least a month before you try to drudge through it to proof for submissions.


I have gotten into edits for stories I’ve written and haven’t looked at them for three months or more and every single mistake will jump out at me while I’m trying to do what my editors would like, but I didn’t see any of those when I read through it polishing it up to submit.


So, stepping away from your manuscript makes a world of difference. If you’re working against a deadline, have someone else run through it and highlight all the big mistakes your eyes aren’t going to see right away.

Q: Do you have a “day job” or do you write full time?


A: I write full time inside my head, or maybe that’s just wishful thinking. In the real world I’m a café eatery manager of a corporate franchise. I put in a lot of long hours, but it has the added bonus of a never ending supply of coffee, teas, lattes and of course cake!

Q: Name one thing readers would be surprised to learn about you.


A: I don’t have TV. Well, I have a TV, but we don’t have cable or even an antenna. We watch movies and any news and such we find out from the broadcasts online. Apparently not having had television programming for eight years is … odd, but my kids don’t complain about it. If they really need to follow a TV show, we buy it from online downloads, or the season on DVD. Over all we have a huge enjoyable movie collection and we’ve saved a lot of money in eight years not paying for cable when only one or two channels would have been used.

Q: Do you have a favorite book and/or a favorite author?


A: If I have to choose just one Author I would say … Christine Feehan and her Dark series and Ghostwalker series, but a close second would have to be Sherrilyn Kenyon. To me both of those authors took their characters one step further than most of us dare to do.

Q: Could you tell us about your current work in progress?


A: I actually have more than one work in progress. I blame my muse that won’t let me rest)


The Magic Seasons series (the first two Beltane Magic and Solstice Heat are being re-released shortly and the third, Harvest Dreams, is coming out in January at Class Act Books. In this series I’ve taken eight pagan characters from a variety of spiritual paths who are struggling against their own emotions and each other, all while learning to use their magic abilities as a group to find and help stop a killer.



I also have the first in a new Trilogy underway My Animal (shifter) Trilogy. I just have to rework the ending do the final proofing/tweaking on the first story Heart and then it’s finished.

Here’s a bit about the trilogy:

Three women without knowledge of their true heritage…

Three men that have waited for their mate all of their lives...

Hearts and tempers collide with wild passions and animal instincts in the Animals Trilogy

I am also working on a new witch story; The Witch Within. It’s an interesting ‘past life’ story of magic where the main character suddenly finds out she actually has the spirits of her ancestors inside her when life starts to get a little interesting and a family rival from hundreds of years ago reappears.

Overall, I have five books coming out in the next seven months and more on the way when I’m not lost in edits.

Q:What are some of your hobbies besides writing?

A: Before I signed on to be a manager and author, I used to make handcrafted jewelry – but I keep running out of day before I’m out things to do lately. When I’m desperate to escape reality I go hiking but I don’t think of that as a hobby it’s more of a vice to recharge and regroup a bit.

Q: In closing, tell us a bit about your latest release. Feel free to share a blurb or an excerpt.

A: Blurb:

Jacinda Brown keeps to her safe existence doing investigative research, avoiding people and places with people. To most, it appears she has a normal life; blending completely undetected in her lonely continuation. She doesn’t investigate people; she can’t get that close. Through her hand she can feel emotions, thoughts. With a touch she can see what has been.


Unfortunately fate tosses her into a situation where her carefully guarded secret and her own conscience are at war when she finds herself working with detectives to find a killer. Jacinda clashes with the very strongly grounded detective, Reid Merritt, destiny has forced her to work with. At some point he begins to matter, making her decision harder. Will he look at her with abhorrence, like she’s some sort of freak when she’s through?


When the fifth murder happens, Jacinda makes the decision to use her gift to find the killer. She doesn’t let herself think of how she’s going to suffer afterward, the consequences that will curse her again, the chance she’ll be giving up everything and starting all over. She just thinks of finding some justice and stopping a killer.


What will be the price, this time, for the ability she doesn’t want?


Jacqueline will be giving away a Mystic Perceptions tote bag stuffed with goodies for one randomly drawn commenter that comments at any stop along her tour schedule so the more sites you comment at the better your chance of winning.

12 comments:

Jacqueline Paige said...

Thanks for having me here today!

Anonymous said...

Jacqueline, Mystic Perceptions sounds like a great book. I really want to read it.

Jacqueline Paige said...

Thanks, Becky. Let me know what you think when you get a chance to read it.
I love feedback!

Rosie said...

Hi Jacqueline. I'm so excited to have another paranormal series to read. Thanks for stopping by today!!!

Estella said...

Another paranormal series to read!
Awesome.

Jacqueline Paige said...

I have to agree, there will never be enough paranormal stories (series) out there to read. I hope you enjoy!!

LORETTA CANTON said...

I cannot wait to read this book. I love series so I'm ready.


lbcanton
lbcanton@verizon.net

Jacqueline Paige said...

Let me know what you think of it Loretta.


Thanks again for having me on Fangtastic Books, Roxanne.

:)

booklover0226 said...

Mystic Perceptions sounds interesting. I look forward in reading it and your other works.

Tahnks,
Tracey D
booklover0226 at gmail dot com

Jacqueline Paige said...

Thanks, Tracey!
I hope you enjoy it.

Andrea I said...

It sounds like an interesting book.

andrea.infinger@gmail.com

Unknown said...

love a man eyes. i dont know about to the soul thing, but the eyes tell so much

 
BLOG DESIGN FOR FANG-TASTIC BOOKS BY BARBARA.
RED CORSET © HALAQUINN ARCADIAS. GOTHIC NIGHT © ASHEN SHARROW.