Friday, July 27, 2012

Guest blog with Nancy Straight


So a funning thing happened to me . . .

I should start this with:  I am a magnet for crazy.  Funning things happen to me all the time.  I tried to think about what you might like to read and settled on something that has nothing to do with being an author, book reviews, publishing, or anything of the sort.  I hope you enjoy this! 

This happened about a year ago.  Like all moms, it was the end of the week and I was exhausted.  I was watching television with my husband in our bedroom and had dozed off.  It was still pretty early in the evening, so the lights were on, but when I’m tired I don’t need dark to sleep.  I was in the middle of a dream when I realized I couldn’t breathe.  I startled myself awake and pulled myself out of my dream only to realize:  I was now awake and I still couldn’t breathe.  I looked at my husband while I was gasping for air; he was watching me with a strange look, but did nothing to help me. 

My hands instinctively went to my neck and I realized the t-shirt I was wearing was tight against my neck, so with both hands, I yanked the neck of my t-shirt as hard as I could.  I got air! But in the same instant I felt claws dig into my back. 

Okay, I read a ton of Paranormal Romance, Paranormal Thrillers and Urban Fantasy books, so at this point my mind is racing through about 300 plots - trying to identify what beast I was up against!  I couldn’t get a word out but knew my husband could see the pleading for help in my eyes.  I let go of the neck of my t-shirt and the claws eased on my back, but once again, I didn’t have air. 

After watching this cycle a couple times my husband simply said, “Flash is stuck.” 

Flash is my very cute Jack Russell Terrier.  He burrows under the covers at night because he gets cold.  He had somehow burrowed under the back of my t-shirt and was trying to climb out through the neck of my shirt!  Needless to say, a person’s neck and a pudgy JRT do not both fit through a crew neck t-shirt. 
We both got a good laugh out of it, and I was thrilled to see that I wasn’t under attack from some sort of paranormal beast!





Meeting Destiny
By  Nancy Straight

Other books in series: Book 2 Destiny’s Revenge and Book 3 Destiny’s Wrath have been released

Genre: Paranormal Romance

ISBN: 978-1-4507-2109-7 (E-book) / 978-1468121377 (Paperback)

ASIN: B003U2RUP8

Number of pages: 295

Word Count: 98,000

Book Description:

Lauren is visited in her dreams for years by a stranger claiming to be her destiny. Destiny becomes reality when paths cross during a failed robbery attempt. Lauren and the stranger experience chemistry like no other and now her doubt over her long time relationship with her high school sweetheart is not her only secret…someone else knows about her keen intuition and sixth sense.  A mysterious clairvoyant seeks Lauren out and tells her not only of her life now but what the future may hold. Soon Lauren is in the middle of a murder investigation and a questionable friendship with the key suspect. Law enforcement, friends and family are concerned for Lauren but unfortunately they are unaware of the true danger…Sinister forces are at work and will stop at nothing to destroy Lauren’s abilities.

Download it for free at AmazonBN, and Smashwords

Author Bio:

Nancy was born in Sioux City Iowa, left the cold of the Midwest in 1991 and only returns to see family in the summer time. She spent ten years traveling the world as a US Marine and settled in rural SC with her husband and two children.  She has three rotten dogs, enjoys RVing with her family, reading and writing all types of Paranormal literature.



Twitter: @NancyStraight






No comments:

 
BLOG DESIGN FOR FANG-TASTIC BOOKS BY BARBARA.
RED CORSET © HALAQUINN ARCADIAS. GOTHIC NIGHT © ASHEN SHARROW.