Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Guest Author Cornelia Amiri




Welcome today to author Cornelia Amiri who combines two of my favorite things: vampires and Celtic lore.

Read all about :

Cornelia’s Celitc Vampires

I write Celtic/Romance books and recently wrote stories about Celtic vampires. From Manx and Irish mythology the Lhiannan Shee (lannan-shee) and the Leanan Sidhe (lan-awn shee) are vampiric fey women. They seduce mortal men with their beauty alone. Both are invisible to everyone but their mortal lover-victim.

A Leanan Sidhe is a succubus muse, targeting poets or musicians. She inspires her victim to create a great masterpiece by inflaming them with the creativity of an entire lifetime at once. Then, she drains them of all that artistic energy, so the men die shortly after. The Lhiannan Shee, drain their moral lovers of their blood and store it in a red cauldron in an underwater cave. Something about that struck me as funny. So I wrote a paranormal/comedy romance about a Leanan Sidhe on the Isle of Man, A Fine Cauldron of Fish, which is in e-book and paperback from Eternal Press. http://www.eternalpress.ca/Amiri.html

Another Celtic vampiric fairy, the Scottish baobhan sith (baa'-van shee), wear green dresses and in some legends have goat hooves for feet. Like the Manx, Lhiannan Shee, they don’t have fangs, their nails extend like claws and they rake them down their lovers back to draw blood. Of course I thought what a great character for an erotica paranormal romance and I wrote a short story with a baobhan sith, Vampire Dancer, in the vampire erotic/romance anthology, Sleeping With the Undead, which is in e-book and paperback from L & L Dreamspell. http://www.lldreamspell.com/SleepingwiththeUndead.htm

Some of the other ways Celtic vampires differ from their more traditional, fang growing counterparts is they don’t turn mortals and no one stakes them through the heart. But if you are able to resist the charms of a Lhiannan Shee or Leanan Sidhe they become your slave. Also if they do seduce you, the only way to save yourself is find someone to take your place or to appeal to the Sea God, who can free you if he chooses. With the baobhan sith it’s all about the carin, just build one over there grave and they will be gone, they have to return there.

Are you ready for my contest. I'm giving away a free pdf down load of A Fine Cauldron of Fish to the winner chosen from the comment post. I'll also mail the winner a goodie bag and a poster of Sleeping With the Undead. And please take a moment to visit my little space in the universe at http://www.myspace.com/CelticRomanceQueen
Thanks,
Cornelia Amiri

Thank you for joining us today, Cornelia.

22 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, you learn something new every day. I thought I had read about all the kinds of vampires there are. Great job on these new-to-me vampires.

Becky said...

Cornelia, you are a new author to me. I like the sound of your books. I love reading about vampires and also about celtic lore. I will have to get some of your books to try.

Me, Myself, and I said...

This is an interesting sounding book. Thanks for telling us about it!

Estella said...

I love vampire books! I thought I had read about all kinds but have some new ones to learn about.

Unknown said...

I always love finding out about a new take on vampires! Your books sound terrific, Cornelia. I will definitely be trying some of them.

donnas said...

Sounds great. I always love reading about new types of vampire and anything that combines the story with myths is great.

Judy said...

Cornelia,

These are very interesting stories. I just love reading about folklore, but when you put it down into a book, that is fantastic. I will have to read these.

Anonymous said...

My heritage is Irish. I have never had an interest in vampires or stories with vampires until I read your post. Now I can think of several men I would like to introduce to them, one inparticular.

Linda Houle said...

Glad to see Cornelia on Fang-tastic Books blog! I hope those of you who decide to read "Sleeping With the Undead" will enjoy all the great stories.
What's fun about an anthology is that readers get to sample a wide variety of authors and writing styles. In this case, all erotic vampire tales...

Tabitha Shay said...

I love vampire romances, more, I love anything Celtic, combine the two and you won me over. Can't wait to read your books...woo hoo...Tabs

Vampire, Faeries and Wizards OH MY! said...

OMG thank you!!! I have been searching for a book with vampires combinded with celtic lore.. This sounds really awesome! I can't wait!

Karen W. said...

I have read a lot of vampire books, but I haven't seen anything with Celtic vampires, and I'm VERY intrigued! Sounds good.

Martha Eskuchen said...

I love Celtic and this book sounds unique and fun!

Paranormal and Romantic Suspense Reviews said...

I love vampire books and celtic lore.

Your book sounds very interesting and I would love to win a copy.

Pam P said...

Hi Cornelia, I've enjoyed most of your books but not these Celtic vamps yet. How different - vampire fey, sounds great.

cornelia amiri said...

Thank you jrobe10689, I’m so glad to tell you a little about the Celtic vampiric fey. I didn’t know about them myself until I started to do some research. I love uncovering interesting tidbits with research it’s like finding buried treasure. Hi Becky, thank you so much for the kind words. If you like vampires and Celtic lore, I’m sure you’ll like my books. Thank you Estella, I love vampire books too. Thank you so much for the kind words Lighthouse Sandy, I’m sure you’ll like my books. Thank you Donnas, I love stories that use myth as well. Thank you so much Judy, I love folklore, I’m sure you’ll like my books. Thank you dkchristi, LOL, I loved your comment, it truly had me laughing outloud. Linda, thank you so much for dropping by, Sleeping With the Undead is filled with great stories about different types of vampires. Tabitha thank you so much, it's so nice to see you here. I can’t wait to read your witch books. Thank you so much Vampire, Faeries and Wizards OH MY, wow, that’s great that you’ve been wanting to read books with Vampires and Celtic lore. I hope you like my books. KarenW, thank you so much, I’m glad my books intrigue you, I’m sure you’ll like them. Thank you so much for the kind words MarthaE, A Fine Cauldron of Fish is a fast, fun read, I hope you like it. Thank you Razlover’s Book Blog, I also love vampire books and Celtic lore. Oh PamP, thank you, thank you, thank you for the kind words and I’m so glad you like my Celtic/Fantasy/Romance books, I‘m sure you’ll like my Celtic vampiric fey as well. I do plan to write more of them. Thank you all so much for stopping by and posting comments, I truly appreciate it.

Jo Bryan said...

Always been fascinated with vapires, I think it was being brought up on Hammer House of Horror films.
As an Irish colleen myself the Celtic and Vampire mix really appeals to me.

Thanks
jochrrisbryan@ gmail.com

Kimberly B. said...

Hi Cornelia! Great posting! I love learning about the Lhiannan Shee and enjoy fiction that deals with this story. The Mediaeval Baebes also have a lovely song about her on their album, Mirabilis. I really look forward to reading your books!

Chris J. said...

Hi Cornelia! Great Blog and you always bring us something new and fun! Thank You!
Hey, Vamps and Celtic anything is Awesome! Just imagine sexy vampire, then imagine him wearing a kilt and swinging a sword!! Yummo!
The book sounds really good and I would love to read it. :)
Have a Great Day and Best Wishes!

Anonymous said...

I love vampires, and adding them with anything Celtic is bound to be interesting and make me interested in it!

Autumn Storm said...

My interest in vampires started with Dark Shadows and thanks to you I now have new avenues to explore. I'll be picking up these up to read...thank you.

Raonaid Luckwell said...

Cornelia, I read and loved The Vixen Princess but then, I always love a good Celtic story.

Though, never had I linked vampires with celts. That's a very interesting and new approach, I would say to me.

Raonaid (at) gmail.com

 
BLOG DESIGN FOR FANG-TASTIC BOOKS BY BARBARA.
RED CORSET © HALAQUINN ARCADIAS. GOTHIC NIGHT © ASHEN SHARROW.