Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Happy Earth day and Join Us for Author Barbara Bretton Tomorrow

Happy, Happy Earth Day Everyone!

I hope you are all being eco-aware and practicing recycling today.

I am planning my garden and shopping for herb seeds. I want to add lavender, rosemary and sage to my garden this year. I just have to figure out where to put it. Hubby always loves that (not) since he gets to drag out the tiller and break up the ground. Usually means heavy lifting and dirt hauling, too. Oh well, it is good for him.

I also need to figure out organic ways to protect my garden from the awful beetle type bugs that destroyed over half of it last year- even while using natural/organic pesticides.

Anyway I hope you all will join us tomorrow here at Fang-tastic Books. The wonderful author, Barbara Bretton will be joining us and giving away FIVE copies of Casting Spells. Woo Hoo! Now that's a giveaway.

I adored the book, Casting Spells. I even had the twinge of desire to learn how to knit. Then I talked myself out of it deciding that I have enough hobbies already I don't need a new one right now. I am already so busy I don't get to half of the things I really enjoy. Yet Barbara does a wonderful job of making knitting sound sexy and fascinating...Maybe someday.

I could crochet when I was a kid, after watching my mom for hours she taught me a few stitches and I made a few things but I haven't touched the needles in years so I don't remember anything. My mom's arthritis has halted her crocheting so even she hasn't done much in years and has forgotten many a stitch.

I can't sew either, another thing I really wish I knew how to do. If I could sew I would have all kinds of cool clothes and lingerie since I always have ideas...just no know how on what to do with them.

Ahh...for now I will stick to my books. Those I know what to do with. :-)

1 comment:

Becky said...

Happy Earth day! I bought some rosemary seeds myself and I am planning on growing it in a container on my deck.

 
BLOG DESIGN FOR FANG-TASTIC BOOKS BY BARBARA.
RED CORSET © HALAQUINN ARCADIAS. GOTHIC NIGHT © ASHEN SHARROW.