Tuesday, May 12, 2009

A Review of Kiss of a Demon King by Kresley Cole



Five Fangs for Kiss of a Demon King

OMG! Kresley Cole outdid herself on this one. Rydstrom is so freakin sexy, I would love to stroke his horns. I don't know what it is but I am sooo lovin demons right now. Don't get me wrong still lovin my vamps too but some demons are just too sexy for words.

Anyway Kiss of a Demon King has King Rydstrom pitted against his enemy Sabine, the sister of Omort the Deathless his sworn blood enemy that stole Rydstrom's castle, his kingdom and his ability to trace and Rydstrom hasn't been able to do anything about it in centuries because Omort has many powers...and a pesky little quirk...the bastard won't die...ever. Until possibly now.

Rydstrom's brother is after the sword that Omort's brother Groot forged to kill Omort, but who knows if it will work or if Cadeon can get it. (If you read the last book you know part of the story already, Cadeon's part, it was happening simultaneously to Rydstrom's story, so going in you know some things but Rydstrom doesn't, makes the book interesting in a whole new way)

The real conflict of the story is that Omort's evil sorceress sister, Sabine, The Queen of Illusions, has trapped Rydstrom and is trying to make him her sex slave so she can become pregnant and take over the kingdom. Rydstrom doesn't want to play but Sabine turns out to be his female, the one he's waited for for centuries.

This has got to be the best Immortals After Dark book yet. The conflict is hotter than ever before, Rydstrom and Sabine are both strong willed and unwilling to break though they want too. so damn bad. And the sex....hot, steamy, anticipatingly erotic and so damn hot. I am still fanning myself.

Give me a rage demon like Rydstrom and I'll be happy for along time.

Cole is the queen of making opposites attract and the fact that she gives them such strong characteristics and snarky personalities...gotta love it. Throw in the paranormal elements and you have got the perfect recipe for paranormal romance novels that are fun, steamy, and full of excitement. Kiss of a Demon King was a heated page turner I couldn't put down until I was done. I had to know what happened.

Cole's Immortals After Dark books just keep getting better and better.

2 comments:

Caffey said...

I must catch up with hers! I love this series too!

The Scarf Princess said...

I love this series and this book! I can't wait for the next installment and am anticipating yet another great read.

 
BLOG DESIGN FOR FANG-TASTIC BOOKS BY BARBARA.
RED CORSET © HALAQUINN ARCADIAS. GOTHIC NIGHT © ASHEN SHARROW.