Monday, July 20, 2009

Monday Musings

OK since I have no more vampire poetry to publish right now I'll start a new thing on Mondays where I'll just post random musings and ramblings. :-)

I had a wonderful weekend alone with my husband. This was something of a miraculous feat since we haven't been kid free in over 3 years. We have a 3 year old, a 10 year old and a 17 year old. We used to be able to send the older kids off to friends and family and have time alone together every now and then.

Then the little guy came and turned our world upside down. He's a handful and a half and no one can handle him. We didn't have the support systems I enjoyed so much when the other ones were little. Not even my mother could handle this kid. So it's been a long, rough road with our baby demon. Though now he's finally semi stable enough to leave with friends and family. Woo hoo!

So hubby and I spent the weekend kid and whine free.

We had lots of quiet romantic time together ;-) and then we did some of our favorite things like antiquing and yard saling. I know doesn't sound like fun to some but hey it is something that both of us enjoy so it was great because him and I don't share a lot of the same interests. I like books and art he likes trucks, mud and fishing. See? Antiques are something we share and shared interests are good.

OK so this week I have a couple authors joining us. Tomorrow Maree Anderson author of Even Demons Get the Blues will be joining us and Thursday Elizabeth Black will be guest blogging with us about her latest, The Haunting of the Sandpiper Inn.

August is looking like a sad month here at FB as far as guest spots with authors and author interviews go. I have a few scheduled but am in need of authors. If there are any paranormal or urban fantasy authors out there who would like to guest blog or be interviewed here at Fang-tastic Books please let me know, I would love to schedule you.

4 comments:

Barbara said...

Well I seem to be chock full of random and musings along with the book post here and there sandwiched in between TV posts and other things. Well that's good that you enjoyed yourselves since that's the important thing. I'm sure there will be plenty of complaining because I'm sure that August will be hotter and even more miserable.

Natascha De Marco said...

Aww U got your free-kids-weekend! That is awesome, I hope you enjoyed it tons!

Roxanne Rhoads said...

Thanks we did enjoy it.

Here in Michigan it hasn't been too hot. Figures- we finally got central air installed and we've only had to use it like 2 or 3 times. If we didn't have it, it would be hotter than hell constantly.

Maree Anderson said...

I recall numerous wedding anniversaries and birthdays spent at home because of very young children. And if you did somehow manage to have a night out, inevitably you'd be woken up with a nightmare or a fretful child and end up even more sleep deprived. Those were the days... LOL!

It does make those times you can get a weekend or a night to yourselves even more special, though. As we found recently, it's amazing how much romance you can fit into 24 hours while the kids are at their grandparents!

Looking forward to catching up with you all tomorrow. Time zone permitting, I'll pop in and out during the day, so if anyone wants to ask me anything, I'll do my best to respond asap.

Cheers!
Maree Anderson
Even Demons Get The Blues/Red Sage Presents, available now.

 
BLOG DESIGN FOR FANG-TASTIC BOOKS BY BARBARA.
RED CORSET © HALAQUINN ARCADIAS. GOTHIC NIGHT © ASHEN SHARROW.