Saturday, October 10, 2009

New Rules About Full Disclosure

If you are a blogger that receives free goods in exchange for blogging you better read this post at SheBlogs

http://www.sheblogs.org/2009/10/failure-to-disclose-can-be-costly-to-the-tune-of-11000-per-post/

If you don't fully disclose that you received goods or money in exchange for the review then you could be fined.

Personally I think it is a little crazy, everyone has to go out of their way to say "Hey, I got this blah, blah, blah for free in exchange for the review."

Most people understand that's how it works. You send me a product FOR FREE and I'll review it.

So everyone knows, 95% of the books I review are books I received for FREE. 1% are books I buy, the other 4% are books I get from the library. This is how I fund my addiction. :-)

Just because I receive a free book doesn't mean I am going to give it a glowing review. If I like it I like, if I don't oh well. I still try to be nice, but I am not going to gush.

Anyway read the SheBlogs post and download the FTC Guidelines.

No comments:

 
BLOG DESIGN FOR FANG-TASTIC BOOKS BY BARBARA.
RED CORSET © HALAQUINN ARCADIAS. GOTHIC NIGHT © ASHEN SHARROW.