Monday, November 23, 2009

Monday Musings: November 23, 2009

So another busy writing weekend for me. One day I'll actually take a weekend off. Yeah, that'll be when I can afford to.

Anyway...

This week is massively busy because of my son's 18th birthday and Thanksgiving . Plus tomorrow the hubby and I have a date day. We are going to see a matinee of New Moon then doing a bit of shopping for the oldest boy's birthday.

So I won't be around much because then Wednesday is his birthday and Thursday is Thanksgiving. That means a lot of freaking cooking for me. Because I cook it all, from scratch. No stove top stuffing from a box here. No I make my own starting with scrunching the loaves of bread into tiny little pieces-but the kids mostly do that. For some reason they love it. Plus I do turkey, green bean casserole, mashed potatoes and gravy, my mom makes the squash and sweet potatoes, and then I do store bought pies (have to give myself a break somewhere plus I am so not a baker).

So after all that cooking I recover on Friday. NO, I DO NOT SHOP! There is no way in hell you could pay me to go to a store on Black Friday. I just don't do crowds. The only shopping I may do is online.

But for those of you who will still be lurking online this week, especially all of you who don't celebrate the US holiday because you are in the UK, Australia or wherever (big waves to all my non US readers, love ya) I do have things scheduled for every day this week including some free reads and an author interview. I just won't be stopping by much for personal comments or anything. I also have a post scheduled for Friday at VampChix about JR Ward's Black Dagger Brotherhood Series.

Sorry no free book Friday this week either because of the holiday but starting December 1st there are going to be lots of giveaways here and at my other site, Roxanne's Realm. Check the calendars along the sidebars to see what's going on, which authors will be stopping by and what great giveaways I will have to offer.

So to all of you celebrating this week, Happy Thanksgiving. If you like leave a comment telling me what you are thankful for we would love to hear your thoughts and share with you.

I am thankful for a healthy wonderful family that I love, that loves me back, even if they can be a pain sometimes...because all families can. You take the good with the bad.

1 comment:

Estella said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Roxanne!

 
BLOG DESIGN FOR FANG-TASTIC BOOKS BY BARBARA.
RED CORSET © HALAQUINN ARCADIAS. GOTHIC NIGHT © ASHEN SHARROW.