Monday, March 22, 2010

Monday Musings March 22, 2010


Wow, where is the time going?

March is almost over already. Spring is attempting to be here. Last week was beautiful all week then Saturday rolls around and I wake up to a white world. Yes, more of the dreaded S word. Snow. I hate snow. The only time I want to see snow is Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. After that it can go away.

I've lived my whole life in Michigan and have never skied or put my butt on a snowmobile and have no desire to. Being outside in the winter- not my thing. I hibernate in the cold weather. However once Spring is here...I turn into a butterfly and fly outside. I love to dig in the dirt and garden.

This year my outdoor goal is to create a backyard. Currently my backyard consists of swamp, woods, and huge junk piles that were once a garage, a chicken coop and an outhouse. My goal is to get rid of the garbage, dig a ditch/stream for the swampy water to flow into and use the old foundation for the garage to create a patio area so I finally get to have a backyard. That was my goal for last year too but it never happened. We started clearing out trees and that's as far as it went. This year I'll have to keep on the husband and keep him motivated.

Friday night we had a bonfire then were housebound all weekend since the snow kept us from doing the yard work we were hoping to be able to do. Instead I designed some new business cards and did some writing.

What'd you do over the weekend?

This week I have a canvas print giveaway from Uprinting.com, and a couple author interviews including Jacqueline Lepore and Nancy Kilpatrick.

No one has entered my t-shirt design contest yet. I thought it would be a fun thing but I guess no one is interested, bummer. I had seen a couple design contests around the web one for a button and then VampChix had the Valentine contest. So I thought a t-shirt design would be good- I know several of you guys out there are designers I seen your Valentine entries and some other work you've done. Oh well, guess I'll have to think of something else if no one decides to enter. (hint hint please enter :-)

Authors- I am still scheduling guest days here and collecting news to feature in the Night Owl Reviews Magazine.

I guess that's all for now, have a great week.


7 comments:

Witchy Woman said...

Hi Roxanne,
I haven't entered because I don't have an artistic bone in my body. Please, I can't even draw a stick figure correctly. On to my weekend, I got a new bookshelf, rearranged my entire living room, and moved all my books from old shelf to new, and helped my kids move their books to my old shelf. I'm very happy with the results!

Roxanne Rhoads said...

I got a new bookshelf a couple weeks ago. I LOVE it. Now I don't have any stacks of books sitting around my bedroom or living room. Just don't open anything- LOL.

I am artistic but not on the computer. I have not yet mastered graphic design.

Heather (DarklyReading) said...

I grew up in Michigan and never skied or snowmobiled..I think my relatives think something is wrong with me ;) I'm definitely not a winter person!

Sherry said...

I didn't do much of anything this weekend but play on the computer and I read a couple of books. Tempt Me If You Can by Janet Chapman and Defeat The Darkness by Alexis Morgan both were really good books I love both of the authors.

sstrode@scrtc.com

Cecile Smutty Hussy said...

hey honey! the weather Saturday was awesome... then Sunday... bam... Very Chilly!!!!
I agree with Witchy Woman... I can not draw to save my life... or my dust bunnies lives! Yea, I am that horrible, lol!
But if you want to... I will honey! =) Anything for a friend!
Are you going to show us pictures of your progress of your backyard??

Leigh M. Lane said...

I would love to enter your tee shirt contest, but I have been super swamped lately. How long until the deadline?

Roxanne Rhoads said...

I set April 5th as the dealine but I might extend it since no one has entered yet

And yes I hope to take some photos and post them of my back yard. I'll try to get out there are take some once the weather clears up.

 
BLOG DESIGN FOR FANG-TASTIC BOOKS BY BARBARA.
RED CORSET © HALAQUINN ARCADIAS. GOTHIC NIGHT © ASHEN SHARROW.