Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Review of The Seventh Witch by Shirley Damsgaard




I love the Ophelia and Abby Mysteries. They have all the elements of the paranormal that I love without the intense violence and sexual drama that I usually read.

When I crave something a little lighter than my normal reads I reach for Shirley Damsgaard or Madelyn Alt, each write great books that I've dubbed witch lit. They are more chick lit than paranormal romance or urban fantasy yet they hold the paranormal elements = witch lit.

I stumbled across this series at the library when it was only 2 books in. I instantly fell in love with them and now have them on my must have list, they always get pre-ordered. I even share them with both my mom and daughter.

In the 7th book of the series titled The Seventh Witch, Ophelia and her grandmother Abby have gone to Abby's old home in the mountains of North Carolina for great aunt Mary's 100 birthday party.

What they encounter is more than they bargained for as old secrets, family feuds, and the long buried past all come to the surface to cause trouble.

A family of rival witches seems to be at the center of it all as Sharon Doran evil bitch witch spews out her hatred making everyone in town fear her and setting her beady little sights on Ophelia. And Ophelia with her knack for finding dead people -stumbles across a dead body once again and is sure that Sharon is behind it. To make things even more complicated Ophelia also stumbles across a familiar face that makes her heart race, too bad he's undercover and tangled up with Sharon too.

Who knew life in the sleepy mountains could be so dangerous? Secrets, lies, drug dealers, witches, fires, murders, sexy undercover agents...

The Seventh Witch is a page turner you won't want to put down until your done.

Witch Lit at it's best.

No comments:

 
BLOG DESIGN FOR FANG-TASTIC BOOKS BY BARBARA.
RED CORSET © HALAQUINN ARCADIAS. GOTHIC NIGHT © ASHEN SHARROW.