Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Tracy Madison Discusses A Breath of Magic & You Can Win a Copy of A Taste of Magic




Welcome Tracy. Thank you for joining us today.

Q: Let’s start out by getting the name of your newest release and what genre/category it falls into


A: My newest release is A BREATH OF MAGIC, and it is a light paranormal romance.

Q: Can you sum up your book in 2 sentences or less


A: A young New Age store owner in the Midwest discovers she's related to a line of Gypsies...and that her family's magic will help her locate her true soul mate.

Q: List three adjectives that can best describe this book


A: Funny. Emotional. Sexy.

Q: Can you describe your heroine or hero in 3 words?


A: Heroine (Chloe): Quirky. Sentimental. Romantic. Hero (Ben): Serious. Sizzling. Tormented.
Q: Name one unique trait about your heroine or hero

A: My heroine can change the feelings and actions of other people just by strength of will.

Q: If an actor or actress was to play your heroine or hero, who would it be?


A: Hm. I'm not sure. I describe Chloe as a mix between Thumbelina and Lucille Ball.

Q: Name the sexiest trait of the main man in your newest book


A: He knows how to love.

Q: What’s the heat level of your newest release: arctic winter, flirtatious, romantic, sizzling, or scorched panties hot?

A: I'd say sizzling.

Q: What is the strangest source of inspiration you’ve had? Maybe something weird that ended up in one of your books or short stories.

A: Strangest? Hm, that's a tough question. Okay, this isn't strange, but an important secondary character throughout this entire series is the elderly Grandma Verda. She's quirky, funny, and loves her family with a passion that pushes her to "help" them out in various ways. While there are many differences, the original inspiration for Grandma Verda came from my great-grandmother, also named Verda.

Q: Name one thing your main character would never leave home without


A: Her pendulum.

Q What about you, what's one thing you never want to leave home without?

A: My car keys!

Q: Let's talk makeup- if you could only choose one or two cosmetics to wear which ones are your must haves?


A: Eyeliner and lip gloss.

Q- Just for fun Lightning Round


Light or dark? Light.

Red or pink? Pink--as long as it isn't too pale.

Coke or Pepsi? Coke.

Coffee or tea? Coffee.

Abs or buns? Abs.

Vampires or Angels? Depends on my mood. :-)


Q: If you could offer one tidbit of information for new writers, what would it be?


A: Keep writing. The best way to grow is to write.

Q: Do you have a “day job” or do you write full time?

A: I write full time, but part of my day is dedicated to freelance writing.

Q: Name one thing readers would be surprised to learn about you.

A: I hate to sit with my back to a room in a public place. I will always sit with my back to the wall whenever I can manage.

Q: Do you have a favorite book and/or a favorite author?


A: No. I have many, many favorite books and authors. My list actually keeps growing, and so does my to-be-read pile.

Q: Could you tell us about your current work in progress?

A: The next book in the magic series, By Magic Alone, is a December 2010 release. This is the fourth in the series, and is Scot's story.

Q:What are some of your hobbies besides writing?

A: Reading (naturally), cooking & baking, TV & movies, and hanging out with my kids. Most of my day is consumed with writing of one sort or another.

Q: Finish the following sentence:

A: The best thing about being an author is_working in my pajamas!

Q: In closing, tell us a bit about your latest release. Feel free to share a blurb or an excerpt.
A: Here's the excerpt for A Breath of Magic:

Waiting to exhale

Chloe Nichols is holding her breath. All her life, finding true happiness with a family has seemed as easy as...well, snagging a bubble off the wind—a bubble that her current boyfriend seems dead set on bursting. Yes, every time Chloe mentions her one true desire, Kyle shoots down her hopes. But he hasn’t reckoned with the awesome power of Gypsy magic, or with loyal kith and kin. One way or another, Chloe’s going to get her happily-ever-after. One could sometimes be found after you’d convinced a man he loves you, right? All Fate needs is a little puff in the right direction...


If you'd like to try this series I have a copy of the first book, A Taste of Magic, to give away to one lucky winner.

US shipping only.

Just leave a comment on this post- be sure to include your email address.


Thank you so much for having me here today!


25 comments:

Witchy Woman said...

Hi Tracy,
A story which involves magic? Well for starters, I'm going to work on a spell that'll give me lips like the heroine on your cover,lol. Seriously though, I'm looking forward to reading Chole's story; I like the plot.

Cate Masters said...

Fun interview! Love that you gave your story a twist with gypsies, not just the standard witch. :)
Would love to read A Breath of Magic.
cate.masters AT gmail.com

Rosie said...

This sounds like a great series. Thanks for offering up the first book!! :-)

Margaret West said...

Loved the interview. A story that involves magic interests me. I liked the small excerpt.

Rhianna Nightwolf said...

I enjoyed this interview. Being of Wicca descent myself Im usually drawn to writing with some type of magic in it, though I do love darker stories also. I will be adding your series to my read pile. I wish you the best for the future and thanks for sharing.

katsrus said...

Great interview. I have not read your books. Breath of Magic sounds really good.
Sue B
katsrus(at)gmail(dot)com

Estella said...

I would love to read this series!

kissinoak at verizon dot net

Donna said...

I would love to read these books. They sound both sexy and humorous...can't beat that.

tetewa said...

I've been hearing alot about this one, sounds good! I'm always looking for new authors to read! tWarner419@aol.com

Eko0724 said...

I would ADORE to read a new series! Looks so very interesting, and it's the type of books that I love to read! Thank you for a fun and informative interview~!
willingamy AT gmail.com

Sherry said...

I haven't read any of the books in this series but they sound really good. I saw them on your blog and read all of the excerpts and loved them.

sstrode@scrtc.com

Unknown said...

These books look like great fun. I could really use a light, humorous read.
marlenebreakfield(at)yahoo(dot)com

Tracy Madison said...

@WitchyWoman: LOL, if you write that spell, email to me by May 28 to enter my grand prize drawing (see my website for my details).

@Cate: Thanks!

@Rosie: Thanks for commenting!

@Margaret: I always enjoy stories with magic, both in books and on the screen.

@Rhianna: Thank you! I hope you enjoy the series.

@katsrus: Thank you!

@Estella: Nice to see you here!

@Donna: Aw, thanks!

@Tetewa: I hope you enjoy the series when/if you have a chance to read it. Thanks for commenting!

@Eko: Thanks!

Persephone said...

I love the Gypsies concept. Something new is always a draw!

I love the abs or buns question. How can you really pick one? Haha~

patronus89013 at yahoo dot com

Colourful Daze said...

Super! Just Super! Here is my entry for this wonderful contest!
+20 for now
Im_Tweeting on Twitter (retweeted)
&
My Blog Post
Colourful Daze
http://colourfuldaze.blogspot.com/2010/05/fang-tastic-books.html
comment here, linking and later will friend on Facebook :) (then +25)
Cheers!
Colourful.Daze(at)gmail(dot)com

JenM said...

I've been reading lots of intense urban fantasy lately, so this sounds like it would make be a nice break. Plus I haven't read any magic/witch stories lately. Looking forward to reading this.

JenM said...

Oops, my email address is

jen(at)delux(dot)com

donnas said...

Great interview and sounds like a fun series.

Thanks!
bacchus76 at myself dot com

Unknown said...

Oooh, sounds like a fun read with a different twist. And I love that you have an older woman in the story. I can't wait to read this one.
Good luck.

CrystalGB said...

Great interview. A Taste of Magic sounds good. :)

Crystal816[at]hotmail[dot}com

Anonymous said...

Sooooooo LOVE the sound of this one, Tracy! As an author who writes witches, gypsies, and sexy heroes, too, I can see this is a book I will enjoy through the whole series!

Wishing you GREAT Sales!

hugs, Kari Thomas, www.authorkari.com

Andrea I said...

I just wanted to say how much I've enjoyed this series and look forward to reading your new book.

Tracy Madison said...

@Marianna: LOL, exactly. Picking between abs and buns isn't that easy.

@Colorful: Thank you for commenting!

@Jen: Thank you! I hope you enjoy the series.

@Donna: Nice to see you here!

@Lorrie: I have a lot of fun writing this series, and this book is my favorite of the bunch.

@Crystal: Thank you!

@Kari: Aw, huge thanks! It is a fun series, and I love books with magic in them. Thanks for stopping by!

@Andrea: Oh, I'm so glad you've enjoyed these stories. Thank you for letting me know!

Aik said...

I'd love to enter!

aikychien at yahoo dot com

Carol L. said...

I haven't read any of the books yet but I will definitely be putting them on my TRL. Enjoyed the interview also.
Carol L.
Lucky4750@aol.com

 
BLOG DESIGN FOR FANG-TASTIC BOOKS BY BARBARA.
RED CORSET © HALAQUINN ARCADIAS. GOTHIC NIGHT © ASHEN SHARROW.