Friday, May 14, 2010

Paranormals at Play with Susan Hanniford Crowley


Talk, dark, and devastatingly handsome vampire David Hilliard walks in.

“Hello, Roxanne. I hope you don’t mind my coming along. Susan is sometimes shy. She has interviewed me so I thought turnabout would be fair play.” He grins, flashing pearly white fangs, and takes a seat..

Paranormal romance author Susan Hanniford Crowley walks in and sits opposite him. “David, I wasn’t expecting you.”

He chuckles. “For your first question, I would like you to share something fascinating about your life.”

“I’m a Thai kickboxer.”

“I find women warriors so sexy.”

“Next question?” I cross my legs and for once I am glad I’m wearing slacks. Vampires are such opportunists. They’ll get away with a lot if you let them.

“What’s your favorite time of the day?”

“One in morning. When everyone is asleep is the perfect time to write. In the winter, the sky is so dark, that it’s perfect for writing scenes on the edge.”

“What would you like to talk about?”

“I’d like to talk about my Vampires in Manhattan series, and especially my paranormal romance novel THE STORMY LOVE LIFE OF LAURA CORDELAIS.”





“It’s my favorite book.” He laughs.

“It’s your love story with Laura. What was it like to fall in love with a Telkhine?” I ask him.“Electrifying. Telkhines are very different and rare paranormals. Laura feels the storm intensely in her very being. She’s also very perceptive.”

“What was your favorite scene?”

I’m trying not to smile.

His eyes narrow on me. “You’ve managed to turn the tables on me.” He shakes his head laughing. “I have a lot of favorite scenes.”

“Pick one.”

He fixes his dark, fathomless eyes on me. “How about this scene between Laura and me.”


Excerpt from THE STORMY LOVE LIFE OF LAURA CORDELAIS:

A tear fell down her cheek. My father!

He brushed it away. "Oh, no, darling. We'll find him. Don't cry."

He kissed her cheek. "You'll add rain to the storm, and the evil might find us. I think Eosh Tower is part of the lilith, and we're safe here. When the storm passes, we'll leave and find him."

Laura took a deep breath and nodded. She wouldn't cry. The storm continued to rage beyond their walls.

"Besides the lilith has apparently taken an interest in you to our benefit." He examined the brooch on her robe, rubbing the yellow stone with his thumb. Beneath its facets, a fire swirled.

"This gem means something."

"What do you think?"

"I have no idea, but we'll probably find out." David stood up and pulled her with him. "Come on. Let's see what's behind those other doors." The door to the right opened into a storage room. Behind the left door was a kitchenette and off that a bathroom. After rummaging through a strange collection of items piled haphazardly together, they found some blankets and pillows. David set up a makeshift bed on the floor of the outer room. Laura looked at the bed and laughed, "You're very good at this."

"I had a lot of experience camping when I was a soldier."

David kicked off his shoes. Then he took off his shirt revealing a powerful chest, tight abs, and strong arms. Laura bit her lower lip. He took off his jeans and his boxers.

"Oh," she moaned in anticipation.

He looked at her and smiled. "What are you doing?"

She giggled. "Nothing. Just standing here."

He walked over to her. "Now that's the problem." He slid off her Telkhine robe and let it slip to the floor. "Turn around."

She stood with her back to him, and he unzipped the back of her strapless gown.

His hands reached under her arms to cup her breasts. He breathed in the scent of flowers in her hair and sighed. Then his mouth kissed her neck and moved to her shoulders. As he trailed kisses down her back, his hands moved down her body inching the dress with them. He paused at the hips, pushing off her black lace panties. The gown and underwear fluttered down to her ankles.

Laura quickly turned. "I want to be in charge this time. I want to send you to that unconscious bliss."

David smirked. "Okay. I'm up for that."

He made himself comfortable in their makeshift bed and held out his arms to his wife. "Laura, I'm lonely." He narrowed his eyes mischievously.
------------------------------------------------------

“OMG, I’m glad you stopped there.” Susan laughs.

David just grins. “You’re so lucky I’m a nice guy.” Turning to Roxanne, he adds, “You can get my book THE STORMY LOVE LIFE OF LAURA CORDELAIS at All Romance Ebooks http://www.allromanceebooks.com/product-thestormylovelifeoflauracordelais-374695-139.html

“It’s also in Kindle at Amazon books online and available at other fine ebook stores as well. But what about print?” he asks.

“We’re waiting for the print release date.”

“While we wait, Susan, tell them about the prequel and the sequel.”

“The prequel, WHEN LOVE SURVIVES, is about two supernaturals who meet and fall in love as they work to find survivors in the wreckage of the World Trade Center. It’s my tribute to those that rescue and the diverse heroism of New Yorkers.“
http://www.allromanceebooks.com/product-whenlovesurvives-362921-143.html




“I’m in that book too.” He leans back in his chair.

David looks so fine in that dark blue Armani suit. “A small part.”

“Hey, I’m funny in that book.”

Susan laughs. “Then there’s the sequel A VAMPIRE FOR CHRISTMAS.

Blurb:

Georgia doesn't know she's a Harmony. Jobless and about to be homeless, her heart sinks when a hand snatches the coat of her dreams from the storefront window. Then she sees him staring at her reflection . . . the stalker.

Trevor Stenwood, a vampire and Arnhem Knight, is handsome, sophisticated, and tongue-tied every time he sees her. Sworn to protect the supernaturals of the city, he's fallen for a woman marked for death by demons. How can he save her when she's afraid of him?

At Christmas time in New York City, will love bloom in the snow?

http://www.allromanceebooks.com/product-avampireforchristmas-387184-139.html

“Aren’t you giving something away?”



“Yes, to one lucky commenter I am giving away a PDF copy of A VAMPIRE FOR CHRISTMAS. All you have to do is comment and say you’d love a vampire for Christmas.”

David slaps his knee. “I mean, really, wouldn’t everyone?” Then he gets up and is inching closer to our host.

“Thank you, Roxanne, for having David and me.” I go over and grab his arm to pull him toward the door. Last time I brought David anywhere he nibbled on my friends.

“For your viewers who would like to know more, they can visit me at:

http://www.susanhannifordcrowley.com/

http://nightsofpassion.wordpress.com/

on Twitter -- http://twitter.com/SHCrowley

on Facebook -- http://www.facebook.com/people/Susan-Hanniford-Crowley/629298868

~Susan

Thanks Susan or joining us today...and for bringing along David. He's quite yummy, I almost wished you would have let him snack on me.

I'm sure a little nibble wouldn't hurt... too much...
just don't tell my husband. :-)

So readers...would you like a vampire for Christmas?

Just leave a comment on this post and you'll be entered to win an ecopy of Susan's A Vampire for Christmas

Contest Open until midnight EST Tuesday May 18

Winner Announced Wednesday May 19

16 comments:

RC Bonitz said...

hey susan- love the post. brilliant way you did it. i didn't know you had so many books out. way to go. Bob B.

Jacki C. said...

I want a Vampire for Christmas. I really like the stories that were being discussed.

Sherry said...

I haven't ever read any of Susan's books but they sound really good the excerpt was great. I really enjoyed the interview and I want a Vampire for Christmas.

sstrode@scrtc.com

Unknown said...

Thanks, Bob. Jacki and Sherry, thanks for entering the contest.

julstew said...

This was a fun post to read! This book sounds great. Thanks for the giveaway!

julstew at gmail dot com

Melanie Marie Shifflett Ridner said...

"I want a vampire for Christmas"
Hi Susan,
WOW ,What a Great Contest.
What a Fabulous page you have.
Thank you for inviting me.
Thank you .
Melanie Marie Shifflett Ridner
A Patsy Cline Cousin

Estella said...

Love this type of interview.
Would love A Vampire For Christmas.

Susan Hanniford Crowley said...

Thank you, julstew, Melanie, and Estella for dropping by and entering.
Good luck.

Tamsyn said...

I really enjoyed the post. I love vampire stories and would certainly love a Vampire for Christmas!

tamsyn5@yahoo.com

desitheblonde said...

wow the vamp sound good and bad but i like to have them all to read adn will blog for you on goodread and facebook and here

The Scarf Princess said...

I love vamp books! And I don't see the genre ever losing popularity, especially with the different twist each author brings to the mythology.

joderjo402 AT gmail DOT com

Unknown said...

I want a vampire for Christmas. The book sounds great.
marlenebreakfield(at)yahoo(dot)com

booklover0226 said...

Yes, I would like a vampire for Christmas. Heck, I'll take a vampire ANY time!

Thanks,
Tracey D
booklover0226 at gmail dot com

SharonJM said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
SharonJM said...

I too would love a vampire for Christmas. I love the premise for the storyline and the way they appear to weave together.

Susan Hanniford Crowley said...

Thank you, everyone, for entering my contest. Drop by anytime at http://www.susanhannifordcrowley.com to see me.

 
BLOG DESIGN FOR FANG-TASTIC BOOKS BY BARBARA.
RED CORSET © HALAQUINN ARCADIAS. GOTHIC NIGHT © ASHEN SHARROW.