Monday, June 7, 2010

Monday Musings June 7, 2010


Long weekend...

I am still tired.

Good news- my son walked across the stage and collected his high school diploma this past Thursday evening. Woo hoo, he did it, I am so proud.

I spent my weekend outside in the garden and at my son's girlfriend's open house.

My son doesn't want an open house- no matter what we have done to convince him otherwise he fights us on it. I had to fight with him all year to get him to do any of the normal teenage senior stuff people do- like take senior photos and go to prom. I kept fighting with him about having an open house, even started planning it, but he just keeps resisting so I give up.

I am tired of fighting with him to make him do things he should want to do in the first place. He didn't want to go to prom but then he went and it was a blast- he was even on the court for Prom King. My rule is try and do what you can, if you don't like it don't ever do it again. I made sure I did everything I possibly could in high school- those are moments you can never get back and experiences that can not be relived. I can't keep forcing him to do things though- I don't have the energy and I have two other children who willingly want to go out and experience life if he wants to sulk in the corner so be it. I am just happy I pushed him hard enough and far enough to get him through high school.

Enough bitching about my family, onto other stuff- my weekend evenings were spent watching Season 2 of True Blood on DVD. I think I am going to order HBO today so I can see season 3 starting on Sunday (?). I am so hooked on this show. Hubby and I stayed up until 3:30 AM Saturday night watching the first 7 episodes of season 2. Then Sunday we watched the rest.

So this week at Fang-tastic Books we have authors Kate Cotoner and Amanda Hocking along with an Insatiable by Meg Cabot giveaway.
I also plan to have some book reviews posted (hopefully I'll get caught up) and I'll be scheduling authors spots for July and August.

No comments:

 
BLOG DESIGN FOR FANG-TASTIC BOOKS BY BARBARA.
RED CORSET © HALAQUINN ARCADIAS. GOTHIC NIGHT © ASHEN SHARROW.