Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Review of Stone Cold Seduction by Jess Macallan

Title: Stone Cold Seduction
Author: Jess Macallan
Genre: Urban Fantasy Romance
Length: Novel
Release Date: September 2011
ePub ISBN: 978-1-937044-24-4
Print ISBN: 978-1-937044-25-1


Five Fangs for Stone Cold Seduction


SET IN STONE - Book One - by Jess Macallan


“Elle. It’s just Elle.”

When a regular night of Robin Hood-ery results in the manifestation of some, um, unusual paranormal abilities, perfume-maker Elleodora Fredricks realizes the normal world she lives in isn’t quite… normal. And neither is she, thanks to her father, king of the shadow elves. Not only is he evil incarnate and the reason Elle moonlights as a burglar—someone has to take care of all his victims—he’s stolen her memories.

And only reading her fate can fix that.

Good thing she’s got a trio of hotties willing to help her find said fate. Saving her oracle BFF’s fiancĂ©e
, falling in love with the gargoyle, and making up for breaking the phoenix’s heart ought to be a piece of cake for the princess of the shadow elves.

If only the king didn’t want his daughter dead…

My Review:

This book sucked me right in. It was different and intriguing and before I knew it I was hooked and couldn't put it down.

I was drawn to the premise of a sexy gargoyle, I have not read any books where the lead guy is a gargoyle- but I have a confession to make. Back in the 90s when my oldest son was little I used to watch the cartoon Gargoyles with him every morning while he was getting ready for school and I was hooked on that hunky gargoyle Goliath and the budding romance he had going on with the human woman (can't remember her name). I was bummed when the show was no longer aired, don;t know what happened with it.

Anyway I ramble, but the point is I was hooked on the concept of the leading man being hard as a rock and I'm not just talking about his naughty bits. ;-)

The only problem I had with Stone Cold is at first I thought the timing was off- everyone seemed to know what was going on except the heroine, Elle, which didn't make sense if she's been around these people her entire life, especially her best friend, she should know at the minimum something was odd, a little different, but she was completely clueless about the entire supernatural community.

Then ding, ding, ding we find out why and suddenly everything starts making sense- to the reader and to Elle.

The characters are rich and mysterious, everyone has secrets and things are never quite what they seem. There's even a tad bit of a love triangle. I'm personally rooting for the stone man but how can one resist a flaming hot phoenix? Hmmmm.....

Twists and turns abound and then the book ends on a cliffhanger making you groan in frustration and simultaneously crave more.

It was fabulous.

No comments:

 
BLOG DESIGN FOR FANG-TASTIC BOOKS BY BARBARA.
RED CORSET © HALAQUINN ARCADIAS. GOTHIC NIGHT © ASHEN SHARROW.