Friday, October 14, 2011

Review of The Pumpkin Man by John Everson







Book Blurb:

After her father’s gruesome murder, Jenn needed a place to get away from it all with some friends, to take her mind off her grief. The empty seaside cottage she inherited seemed perfect. Jenn didn’t know that the cottage held arcane secrets, mysteries long hidden and best left alone.

She didn’t realize until it was too late that the old books and Ouija board she found there really do hold great power. And it was only after her friend’s headless body was discovered that she knew the legend of the local bogeyman was no mere legend at all. An evil has been unleashed, a terrifying figure previously only spoken of in whispers. But now the whispers will become screams. Beware…THE PUMPKIN MAN


My Review:

Just in time for Halloween a classic style horror tale that will make you shiver with fear.

This is the kind of book I grew up reading- the likes of Stephen King, Dean Koontz, John Saul.

I loved it. It gave me chills. It had everything I could want in a horror novel. Fear, mystery, ancient evil unleashed. Family secrets, history, grisly murders with a possible freakish supernatural twist...

I have to admit, I was scared. I hated reading the book alone at night. It was awesome! (yes I am one of those twisted people that delights in being scared)

If you love horror this book is a must read- especially right now. Go ahead and scare yourself silly just in time for Halloween.

No comments:

 
BLOG DESIGN FOR FANG-TASTIC BOOKS BY BARBARA.
RED CORSET © HALAQUINN ARCADIAS. GOTHIC NIGHT © ASHEN SHARROW.