Monday, June 16, 2014

Review of Slightly Spellbound by Kimberly Frost

Slightly Spellbound (Southern Witch, #4)Slightly Spellbound by Kimberly Frost
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Tammy Jo is back better than ever.

When the first book, Would-Be Witch, was released in 2009 I was instantly hooked. Sucked in my Tammy Jo's goofy antics, crazy life, and magic induced antics.

I waited patiently, full of anticipation for each new book to come out. Then after Halfway Hexed was released in 2011 things were left hanging...would the series continue?

Finally in 2014 fans get to once again be immersed into the magical misfiring's of Tammy Jo's life.

And I'm not disappointed at all. It was like meeting up with an old friend and picking up right where we left off.

As the book opens Tammy Jo is still torn between Bryn Lyons the man who loves her magic and all and her ex-husband Zach with whom she shares a lot of history, but not all of it is good.

But she does finally make a solid choice in this book and I don;t think too many fans will be disappointed with it.

But the choice isn't the entire focus of the book. Tammy Jo has been approached by a wacky witch who brings more trouble Tammy's way- as if she needed any help attracting danger. But Tammy Jo, the nice person she is, decides to help this witch anyway. At great peril to herself.

The drama that ensures is sometimes hilarious, always dangerous, and for some reason has a tendency to leave Tammy Jo minus her clothes a lot. I chalk that up to the fairy part of her aching to get out and get her as close to nature as possible.

The end...wow I really didn't see that coming. I knew something was up but not that.

I think we should be prepared to see new characters and adventures in the upcoming books. I can't wait.

View all my reviews

No comments:

 
BLOG DESIGN FOR FANG-TASTIC BOOKS BY BARBARA.
RED CORSET © HALAQUINN ARCADIAS. GOTHIC NIGHT © ASHEN SHARROW.