Saturday, November 7, 2015

A Review of Grave Visions by Kalayna Price

Grave Visions (Alex Craft, #4)Grave Visions by Kalayna Price
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This book was a long time coming but finally....it's here (official release date February 2, 2016). I was lucky enough to receive an ARC from the publisher. I was so excited I put aside the book I was reading and cracked this one open immediately.

I was not disappointed.

Alex is back and in more trouble than ever. Her newly discovered Fae heritage is draining her She needs a tie to Faerie to keep her alive but who should she trust, who can she tie herself to? The Winter Court? The Shadow Court? Everyone seems to want her for her planeweaving abilities but she can't afford to align herself with the wrong Fae.

Poor Alex, her world is exhausting - trying to navigate her ties to Faerie, solve cases, raise shades, be a part of Tamara's wedding, and keep her love life straight (as she's currently twisted into an odd love triangle).

Her love life is so messy. She's involved with Death, yet really knows nothing about him and she still has feelings for Falin but can't trust him because he is bound to the Winter Queen as her Knight- and he's currently sleeping at Alex's place because he was ordered by the queen to stay where Alex stays. Awkward situation when her current lover, Death, shows up. Yikes.

Adding to Alex's non-stop to-do list, is the police. They call her for help on a weird new case that turns out to be tied to Faerie and quickly becomes tied to Alex. She has to find out who is behind the new glamour laced street drug, Glitter...her very life depends on solving this case.

Twists, turns, and dramatic action ensue...as the clock ticks. Alex is fading fast. Can she solve the case before fading...or before the Winter Queen decides Alex is a threat that needs to be eliminated?

Totally worth the wait. I am glad the author was finally able to complete this book and I hope more are in the works.

Price's world is unique, an intriguing orginal world of Fae, magic, and witches that I can't get enough of. She blends fantasy and urban fantasy with a touch of paranormal romance seamlessly. Every book will make you want more.

View all my reviews

5 comments:

Jessica @ a GREAT read said...

OOoh nice! I'm supposed to get a copy of this as well, but I'm still waiting. But I adored this series!! I really hope that with this one finally releasing Kalayna will also finish writing her third book in the Blood of Haven series--pretty sure that's what it was called. Been so long I can't seem to remember! Great review!

Melanie (@AudiobookMel) said...

I'm so glad that this book is finally coming out. I can't wait. I hope that it will be on audio too. I've been listening to this series on audio so far, and it has been great.

Roxanne Rhoads said...

Jessica- yes, I too have been waiting patiently for Third Blood, A Novel of the Haven series. I loved the first two books so much. I hope the third one will finally be released soon.

Penelope Sanchez said...

So worth the wait. I'll be vague to avoid spoilers. Many questions from previous novels are answered and many more are raised. The complicated romances from previous novels manage to become even MORE complicated, with more individuals involved. Alex is learning the advantages and consequences of her heritage, and others are suffering in turn. Also, unicorns, boogeymen, and evil clowns. It's an amazing novel and I look forward to the next one in the series.

Jasmine
Great data for Lake LBJ Real Estate

Unknown said...

Rieut sirah jeung buuk asa murulukan wae ieu teh, kunaon nya eung ? haha

Cara Menghilangkan Nyeri Punggung Saat Mengandung Cara Menyembuhkan ISK Penyebab & Cara Mengatasi Nyeri Di Dada Sebelah Kiri Cara Mengatasi Kulit Kering & Bersisik Cara Menyembuhkan Rhinitis Secara Alami Cara Alami Mengatasi Payudara Bengkak & Nyeri 6 Penyebab Munculnya Benjolan Di Penis Obat Gabagen Buat Anak Cara Mengatasi Campak Pada Anak Secara Alami Cara Menyembuhkan Sangkadi

 
BLOG DESIGN FOR FANG-TASTIC BOOKS BY BARBARA.
RED CORSET © HALAQUINN ARCADIAS. GOTHIC NIGHT © ASHEN SHARROW.