Wednesday, July 18, 2018

I Made Mustard Chicken with Curly Pasta from Date Night Dinners by Sloane Taylor



Mustard Chicken with Curly Pasta


I realized after taking this photo the dijon mustard was not in the shot


Ingredients:

5 chicken thighs, skinless and boneless

8 tbsp. (1 stick) (113.5g) butter, melted

¼ cup (30g) Dijon mustard

4 tbsp. (60ml) lemon or lime juice

2 rounded tbsp. (30g) brown sugar

Freshly ground pepper to taste

2 tsp. (10ml) paprika

3 tbsp. (45ml) poppy seeds, optional

Freshly grated Parmesan cheese

Instructions:

Preheat oven to 400° F (200°C).

Lay chicken into an ovenproof dish.

Combine all ingredients, except poppy seeds and pasta, in a small bowl. Coat chicken evenly with half the mixture. Bake 15 minutes.

Remove dish from oven and carefully turn chicken over. Spread remaining sauce over the pieces. Sprinkle on poppy seeds. Return to oven and bake 15 minutes.

For the pasta use 1 lb. campanelle pasta, shells, or other curly pasta- cook per package directions. Be sure to cook al dente, no more.

Arrange the Dish

Ladle drained pasta into a serving dish. Add some of the juice from the cooked chicken pan and stir. Lay chicken across the pasta. Pour the remaining sauce over the top.

Add a bowl of freshly grated Parmesan cheese to the table to sprinkle on the chicken and pasta.


Leftovers freeze well.


My Thoughts

This was a relatively easy dish to make. The ingredients were not exotic or hard to find and the instructions were clear and easy to follow.

I doubled everything to make a family sized portion. I used lemon juice not lime, I don't think lime would taste as good. It says you can use either. Lime gives me heartburn and it's just not a flavor I care for. Using lemon juice and poppy seeds made me crave lemon poppy seed muffins. :-) I bought shredded Parmesan cheese instead of grating my own.

Anyway- back to the mustard chicken. I am impressed. I wasn't too sure when I was putting everything together if I was going to like it, but I did. And my guys both LOVED it. Even my picky eater, small foodie twelve year old. He raved about it.

This one is going into my permanent recipes for the dinner rotation schedule. Next time I'll use chicken breasts though. I'm not a dark meat chicken thigh person and neither are my guys. The thigh meat was not bad, it tasted delicious but I would prefer breasts next time. It is a texture thing.


Date Night Dinners

Publisher: Toque and Dagger

Publication Date: May 29, 2018

ASIN: B07DD5HDVL

Page Count: 136 pages

Genre: Cookbook

About the Book: 

Ready to ignite that old flame? Or perhaps spark a new one? Take your partner by the hand and turn on your stove. A true romantic, award-winning author Sloane Taylor brings her creativity to the kitchen with easy-to-make meals sure to spark the intimacy and quality time you want with your special someone. Cooking together is only the start of the fun!

Create 45 complete dinners for two or flavor your evenings with a new dish. These 80 recipes use everyday foods already on most kitchen shelves. The recipes are easily increased for those fun times friends or family join your table.

Date Night Dinners, Meals to Make Together for a Romantic Evening, is an ideal gift for engagements, bridal showers, anniversaries, or for anyone who wants to spice things up.


Meet the Author:

Sloane Taylor is an Award-Winning author with a second passion in her life. She is an avid cook and posts new recipes on her blog every Wednesday. The recipes are user friendly, meaning easy. Taylor currently has seven romance novellas released by Toque & Dagger Publishing. Her first solo venture into non-fiction is a cookbook with eighty of her favorite recipes DATE NIGHT DINNERS, Meals to Make Together for a Romantic Evening


Excerpts from her books can be found on her website, blog, and all popular vendors. Connect with Taylor on Facebook and Twitter.




Follow the tour to read reviews about many different recipes in the cookbook:




3 comments:

Sloane Taylor said...

Thank you, Roxanne, for the terrific review! I'm glad your guys liked the meal. You've inspired me to use chicken breasts when I make this next week. And you've made me hungry for lemon poppy seed muffins, cupcakes, and cake. It's a pity I can't bake!

Roxanne Rhoads said...

I'm not much for baking either but muffins and breads I can do. I leave the sweeter things to my teen daughter. She loves making cookies, cupcakes, and cakes.

Sloane Taylor said...

My daughter is the same way and I'm grateful. LOL

 
BLOG DESIGN FOR FANG-TASTIC BOOKS BY BARBARA.
RED CORSET © HALAQUINN ARCADIAS. GOTHIC NIGHT © ASHEN SHARROW.