Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Win an ebook from The Guardian's Realm Series with Crystal Kauffman


Hello Fangtastic books and thank you for having me over today!

I’m here to talk about my vampire series, Guardian’s Realm. Any of you who have read The Combat, book I in the series, know that like people, not all vampires are nice. In fact, some of them want to bring about the enslavement of all mankind. But thankfully there are trustworthy vampires out there working on the side of good, and you’ll get to meet a few in The Collision, book II and The Clash, book III.
In The Combat, an evil vampire has enslaved Gabrielle’s sister, and wants Gabrielle, too. (I won’t tell you why because that would be a spoiler) She’s rescued by hunky Guardian Davin, whose sect wants to bring the evil vampire palace down. Gabrielle wants to help the Guardians, but she’ll sacrifice everything to get her sister out before she becomes collateral damage.

In book II The Collision, Balin, a Guardian warrior and Gladiolas, a slave girl from the palace, are cast through a magical portal to an enchanted prison with a vampire fugitive. Gladiolas would think it were heaven if she could only get them to stop fighting and start loving. But just when things are looking up, an evil enemy finds them in their remote Romanian prison to settle an old score.

Robert and Cvetelina first met in The Combat and did not part as friends. They come together again in the Clash, the third and final book in the Guardian trilogy. In order to save his son, Robert is forced to travel to Romania, Cvetelina’s home turf and the most vampire-infested country in the world, and eat a huge slice of crow pie by begging for her help.

Writing vampires was difficult for me at first. In my world, vampires are evil killers. (I was the child scared even by Abbot and Costello horror-spoofs) But vampire Fitch was kicking around in my head, telling me he was a good guy, and wouldn’t leave me alone until I wrote his character.

I had a blast writing this series, and I hope it’s just as much fun to read.

Today, one lucky commenter will get their chance to read this series and can win the title of their choice. Just leave a comment on this post with your email contact info.

Happy Reading,

Crystal

16 comments:

robsad79 said...

This sounds like a good series :).

sadler1279@yahoo.com

Unknown said...

Hi Crystal, thanks for coming over to Fangtasia, now I discovered another new author :-)

Your Guardian Realm series sounds exciting, please enter me.

Thanks,

stella.exlibris (at) gmail (dot) com

cait045 said...

I like series about hot guys who are guardians.

usignolc(at)yahooDOTcom

Crystal Kauffman said...

Cait, they're my favorite, too. A big strapping guy who can come to my rescue. :) Thanks for stopping by!

Reena Jacobs said...

I love the covers of your book. Sexy, sexy. :) I can't help but smile.

reenajacobs@reenajacobs.com

Crystal Kauffman said...

Thank you Reena. Cris Griffin did the covers and I was very lucky to have her as my books' artist.

Riv Re said...

Looks good!
rivkarno1(at)hotmail(dot)com

Cathy M said...

Hi Crystal,

I recently started this series and really enjoyed the storyline in Combat. I can't wait to continue with book 2, especially if you have more heroes like Davin around to share with us.

caity_mack(at)yahoo(dot)com

Cathy M said...

Oh I meant to ask if the Clash concludes this series, or will there be more stories?

caity_mack(at)yahoo(d0t)com

Crystal Kauffman said...

Cathy,
Yes, the Clash concludes the Guardian's Realm series. I'm working on a historical series now called Ladies in Peril, of which you were the winner in the Get Hooked on a Series contest put on by Moira Rogers. (Claiming Lady Marianne published last month by Ellora's Cave) Also I'm dabbling with space operas now, but you never know, I might have a space vampire for a hero in one of them :)

booklover0226 said...

This sounds like a great series to read; I'm heading over to Loose-ID, now!

Thanks,
Tracey D
booklover0226 at gmail dot com

Estella said...

This sounds like a great series!

kissinoak at verizon dot net

s7anna said...

I'm looking forward to checking out this series.

hugs,
Anna
s7anna@yahoo.ca

Beth said...

Sounds like a great trilogy. Will have to add them to my TBB list.

carolcobun(at)yahoo.com

Crystal Kauffman said...

With the help of random.org, the winner of my book drawing is Riv Re! Riv gets her choice of book from the trilogy.

Congratulations Riv!

mrshoff1201 said...

I can't wait to read them!!! bring them on...hubby won't mind not having dinner when he gets home he can always call for pizza!!

mrshoff1201@yahoo.com

 
BLOG DESIGN FOR FANG-TASTIC BOOKS BY BARBARA.
RED CORSET © HALAQUINN ARCADIAS. GOTHIC NIGHT © ASHEN SHARROW.