Monday, May 17, 2010

Ever Feel A Bit Cougarish?

Watching all these movies and television shows like Twilight and The Vampire Diaries filled with pretty "teenage" or eternal teenage boys had me feeling a bit like a cougar.

But my husband and son both pointed out that I am not old enough to be a cougar since I am not over 40 yet.

Hmmm, okay that makes me what? Just a perv? :-)

Thankfully most of those young boys aren't so young after all. Scrolling through my Directv DVR buttons I found that some shows offer cast and crew info. This delightful tidbit of info gives their birth dates and places. Great info for true fans and useless bits of trivia for anyone else.

This handy little button has alerted me that there are quite a few actors from Michigan, other famous people too like Jerry Bruckheimer (who I share a birthday with, I also share a birthday with Stephen King-wish I was as rich and successful as either of them).

I find it interesting.

Anyway what I've also found is that many of my fave shows have actors that are right around or are my age. Hmmm. I suppose that's good, or it could be a way to say "Hey look at how successful these people are and they are the same age as you. Way to go LOSER." Or it could just be more useless bits of trivia I may use to win radio contests or trivial pursuit.

Sorry got off track there- back to the whole cougar thing or not cougar thing.

These handy little tidbits of info have also made me feel much better about the man candy I like to look at.


My number one crush is Tom Welling. Currently we are exactly the same age (33, he just turned 33 I'll be 34 later this year but right now we are the same age :-).



I stressed back in the day when he played a teenager on Smallville (he was actually in his late twenties when he started playing the teenage Clark Kent) so I googled it and learned he was only a year younger than me. Tom is my idea of male beauty personified- dark hair, blue eyes, that sexy chiseled face and he's a big guy- like 6'6'' or something and he's muscular and just...big. I like 'em big. :-) Anyway he gets a 10 in my book.


My other crush is Ian Somerhalder who plays Damon on The Vampire Diaries. I tried to hate him because he has that look that just screams "I'm a jerk" and he played it so well too. The first couple episodes I hated him, then hated him less, and less and now...I just flat out drool. Those eyes are what did me in- those beautiful, stunning blue eyes. The perfect bone structure had a play in it too. Granted he's a little short and thin for normal taste but damn he's just too pretty to resist. So he's a 9 after Tom's 10.


I was sure though that Ian was only maybe in his mid twenties- tops. Which is still pretty young for me but at least legal :-) I found out he was born in 1978 so he's only 2 years younger than me.


Oh thank goodness, I thought to myself. If they are over thirty-it's all good. I try not to drool too much on anyone younger cause that's just kinda gross.

Which leads me to the one that really makes me feel cougarlicious- Taylor Lautner.


I have to admit that yes I think Taylor Lautner in New Moon is freakin hot- though that's where it ends. Pure aesthetics. No drooling or thinking about touching- he's just way too young.

I'll stick to fantasizing about Tom and Ian-go figure all of my crushes play supernatural characters.

So who makes you feel like a Cougar (even if you're not old enough to be one)?

Who is your number one man candy crush?

26 comments:

Lucy Felthouse said...

Taylor Lautner I'd agree with. I'm 24, so Ian Somerhalder is older than me... but coincidentally, I've just written my "Totty Tuesday" post to go live tomorrow, and he's the star!

So we'll drool over him together! :)

Anonymous said...

My favorite eye-candy crush is Keanu Reeves, though he's older than I am (by like 7 or 8 years), so it doesn't make me a cougar. What does it make him? A Manther?

If I had to go for younger I'd take Kyle Schmid who is a good 14 years younger than I, which I think definitely puts me in the cougar range. Mrwowr!!

Roxanne Rhoads said...

Lucy,

I will definitely join you in the drool fest tomorrow.

Roxanne Rhoads said...

Nicole,
Keanu never did it for me but he has had his moments, now Kyle as Henry Fitzroy-oh yes very yum but a little on the small side for me that's why Tom Weeling is so perfect big and beautiful

Like I said I like my guys big- think the vamps from Black Dagger Brotherhood- drool-can you imagine if they were real?

Unknown said...

IM sorry but Ian Somerhalder is MINE!!
He is just super sexy!
and I think I would die if the Brothers were real.

Felicia the Geeky Blogger said...

I turn 39 this year so I am pleading the 5th LOL (because I think that makes me old enough to be a cougar)!

All 3 of your choices are very good though :)

I would add newly married Jensen Ackles to the list (1978 only 7 years younger), Tahmoh Penikett (1975 only 4 years younger), and Jason Momoa (1979 but Lisa Bonet already buttered him up)! Actually I love Joe Flanigan but he is older than me :)

Roxanne Rhoads said...

Does anyone think Paul Wesley as Stefan is hot?

I never hear anything about him.

Sorry Paul, Ian just outshines you by a whole solar system.

Why would you want overhanging forehead, cromagnum broody guy vampire AKA Stefan when you could have super pretty bad boy Damon?

Roxanne Rhoads said...

googled your guys Felicia cause other than Jensen Ackles I had no idea who any of them were- they all have got some hawtness going on even old Joe :-)

Unknown said...

Oh, I agree. All those are yummy and make me cougarish!

Ellz said...

Roxanne, loved this post. I had no idea Tom Welling was that age. I agree HE IS A 10. He is my ideal. I also did not know what classifies a cougar.

I am learning all this lingo now that I am single again. So since you are in the know. What is classified as MIDDLE AGED. This young girl (probably barely 21) called me middle aged (I about fell over-I don't feel middle aged)
To my credit she was just mad because her boyfriend was paying me much more attention than her (not due to my encouragement) he was following me around like a puppy. I wasn't at a party with a bunch of 21 year old, I was having a beer on the porch with my neighbor who's 21 year old son had friends over. (I am rambling) anyways...MIDDLE AGED-ack!

Wicked Walker said...

Oh you got my current crush in there...Ian. He is just too hot for his own good..and he does have that bad boy thing down! I wonder if he is a jerk in person? I might have stalk him on google and see what they say about him LOL And hey, I am 37 so I am totally cougar-esque before you!

CHRISTIE said...

I’m 30 so not cougar age yet. My number one man candy (at the moment) is Henry Cavill who is only 4 years my junior so not bad. Chris Evans is another crush and he was born in ’81 so only 2 years younger (and the same age as my hubby). I agree about Taylor Lautner though. He is delish and my husband teases me for thinking that “kid” is hot.

Roxanne Rhoads said...

Elie,

I would not want to be single in todays' world- I joke and talk smack about the hubby but no way would I want to enter the shark tank of dating. *this is me cringing at the thought*

Not sure what middle aged is anymore- back when I was young I used to think people in their 40s were middle aged, now I would say at least 50s.

I can't believe how young some people look in their 50s and even 60s now. I remember when I was a kid people in their 40s looked kinda old and people in their 50s were older than dirt LOL, not anymore.

Tim Daly on Private Practice is like 54 fiftyfour and he's till hot for an older guy (I loved him in Wings when I was little)

Christie,
Henry and Chris are both cuties I have to agree

Wicked Walker,
I thought the same thing, Ian is so good at it he probably is a jerk in person, then I see photos of him kissing puppies and linking to adopt a pet stuff....awww then on the video for Ian's Rolling Stone interview he says he is more like Damon than Boone... (yes, I've been google stalking him, purely for research purposes :-)

Unknown said...

Oh I must say at first I did not drool over his blue eyes, his fine facial features, or that devilish grin, but after 1/4 way through Vampire Diaries I had fallen hard.. Damon, ( Ian SOmerhalder) number one hot vampire for me, that cheeky smile, and flirty attitude, hot hot hot. SO then I was wandering whats the age differnce and only one year, not very cougarish at all. Coffee cup ** Bad never tasted so sweet* with im on front,, what can I say ,, Droolll...... And yes Taylor Lautner, now I have 19 years on him, now that he has turned 18 are we not feeling like such pervs ?? lol.. We can certainly look at the menu , no harm at all its not like we would never get to dine in anyway. (( grins ))

Book of Secrets said...

Taylor Lautner!! I turn 40 at the end of this year, so I'm close enough to "cougar" age. I'm hoping my husband won't trade me in for two 20-year olds. LOL!

j.leigh.bailey said...

When I saw your title, I immediately thought of Taylor Lautner...I always feel a little perverted that I think he's so attractive...I'm 32, which makes me old enought to be his, well, aunt maybe. :) Kid is a serious hottie.

j.leigh.bailey said...

When I saw your title, I immediately thought of Taylor Lautner...I always feel a little perverted that I think he's so attractive...I'm 32, which makes me old enought to be his, well, aunt maybe. :) Kid is a serious hottie.

Jane said...

I love Eric Bana. I've also got a crush on Christian Bale.

Karin Shah said...

I agree with Jane. Christian Bale, yum.
I also like Orlando Bloom.
And Sendhil Ramamurthy from Heroes.
For anyone looking for a new universe of hotness try the Bollywood actors. No I don't mean *try* that way!

Katie Salidas said...

Oh I just adore Ian Somerhalder. Thank goodness he is still just a hair older than me!

Reena Jacobs said...

I'm so into naughty boys. :) Tom Welling on red kryptonite, yum! And Ian Somerhalder with his dreamy eyes caressing my body. Drool. :) And Kevin Zeger...when he lowers those lashes I feel naked. Yeah, he was born in 1984, but cougars are the in thing. Watch out young boys! And for the older men, Keanu Reeves. I love the way he moves. I bet he's rockin in the sack.

Please don't tell my husband I'm hot for other men. :)

Roxanne Rhoads said...

Reena

I won't tell yours if you don't tell mine. :-)

I'm glad mine doesn't read my blogs often he might be a tad bit upset.

Sweet Vernal Zephyr said...

I tend to feel a bit cougarish when I lust after the gothy emo guys... some of them just kinda ooze rough bad boy, but with sweet angelic lips. UGG! Thank God, I work on a college campus and know they are at least the age of consent... if even too young for this 28 year old.

Unknown said...

Hey Roxanne, totally feeling you with Taylor Lautner. He has a nice build, but that's it. I honestly can't even pant over him because he's so young. Not to mention, I'm still remembering when he played in Sharkboy & Lava Girl. LOL

My #1 Man candy is Stephen Moyer, #2 Hugh Jackman, #3 is Gerard Butler. Geez, honestly can't really make my mind up. I'd line all three of them up and could pick one blind folded, maybe. : )

; ) I like my men older with handsome rugged good looks. Keanu Reeves is hawt too, and getting better as he ages. * Whew *

not too crazy about Paul, Ian is definitely hotter!

Roxanne Rhoads said...

OMG how could I forget Gerard Butler, while he's not "pretty" there's something about him, Hugh Jackman too sometimes

And as far as Taylor Lautner when I realized he was Shark Boy I was like "oh hell no" cause I watched that movie with the kiddies several times and no way am I drolling over a kid

Lilly Cain said...

Wow, great pics - I AM a lot older (okay I just turned 40 so not a HUGE amount) than these guys and they make me want to be a Cougar. Except Taylor. I'm like most of you - while I think he's beautiful, he's also a kid. So nope, nothing really stirs there. :)

 
BLOG DESIGN FOR FANG-TASTIC BOOKS BY BARBARA.
RED CORSET © HALAQUINN ARCADIAS. GOTHIC NIGHT © ASHEN SHARROW.