Wednesday, June 10, 2009

A Review of Wishful Thinking by Evangeline Anderson


Wishful Thinking (Swann Sisters Chronicles, Book 1)
by Evangeline Anderson
2008
Samhain Publishing
$6.50
novel
ebook
paranormal, erotica
4.5 fangs
.5


Wouldn't it be great to have a fairy godmother? The Swann Sisters would disagree. Every year, at the minute of their births, they must each make a wish. And nearly every year, these wishes go wildly wrong as their fairy godmother (annoyed that the sisters are only an eighth fairy) twists their wishes to have unanticipated consequences. On top of that, their fairy godmother recited rhymes at each of the sisters' births that completely shaped their looks and personalities. Philomena (Phil) Swann's rhyme left her with "a lamb's mild nature", never making waves. When she wishes that she could really speak her mind, the consequences of that wish will change her life forever - but for better? Or for worse?

I wish I could remember what inspired me to pick up this ebook. Maybe it was just that I was shopping with that fresh new ebook reader feeling. Whatever the reason, I'm glad I bought the book, because it was such a surprise and a delight - I found myself laughing out loud more than once. Evangeline Anderson's writing is smooth and, once you pick up the basics in the first chapter or two, her clever story sweeps you along with a perfect balance of humor and steam. Recommended - and I'm already looking forward to the next book!

You can read an excerpt here.

Reviewed by Chris.

1 comment:

Maija said...

I've read a couple of her books and they were really nice. Have to try this one also!

 
BLOG DESIGN FOR FANG-TASTIC BOOKS BY BARBARA.
RED CORSET © HALAQUINN ARCADIAS. GOTHIC NIGHT © ASHEN SHARROW.