Saturday, August 22, 2009

A Review of Red Hot Internet Publicity




Five Fangs for Penny C Sansevieri's Red Hot Internet Publicity

So this isn't the type of book I normally review on this site but since we have a lot of writers and hopeful writers that frequent Fang-tastic Books I figured I would post the review here.

I have been reading this for the past couple weeks here and there and I have got to say this is the most useful resource about book marketing that I have ever come across. Full of fantastic and very useful advice to market your book online. Everything from press releases to blogging to making a book trailer to help promote your book.

Red Hot Internet Publicity: An Insider's Guide to Marketing Your Book on the Internet can be used by anyone who has a book. It doesn't matter what genre your book is, it doesn't matter whether it is an ebook or print book-this advice is for writers everywhere. You get advice on the best things to do and how to do them- picking a url, building a website, creating newsletters, using podcasts, and so much more.

I borrowed this book from a friend and now I don't want to give it back. I'm going to have to get my own copy now or buy her a new one since I have dogeared some corners.

You know I figured this would be another book full of hype without a lot of useful information for me. I've come across a few of these books before all hype but not Red Hot Internet Publicity this one is packed full of the best marketing advice you can find and it is directed at authors.

Of course Penny has first hand experience- she is one of the top book marketing experts around right now. She is one of the women behind Author Marketing Experts Literary Publicists. Plus she's an author herself, so she knows what works on both ends of the spectrum.

This is a book all authors should have on their shelves, permanently. This is a book you'll want to refer to often.

2 comments:

Susan Blexrud said...

Roxanne, many thanks for the great advice. I'll pick up Red Hot Internet Publicity ASAP. It's always such a crap shoot, trying to decide where to invest your resources (time and money) in marketing. Anything to make it easier is greatly appreciated.

Denise said...

Thanks for the information! I follow Penny on Twitter myself and love her ideas and newsletter.

 
BLOG DESIGN FOR FANG-TASTIC BOOKS BY BARBARA.
RED CORSET © HALAQUINN ARCADIAS. GOTHIC NIGHT © ASHEN SHARROW.