Sunday, August 23, 2009

Books for Vampire Lovers

These are a couple of books for serious vampire lovers. They have everything you need to know about vampires...well almost everything.

The Everything Vampire Book is a little more funny, kinda campy while The Complete Idiot's Guide to Vampires is much more serious and detailed.

However both are must haves for any vampire aficionado's bookshelf.


The Complete Idiot's Guide to Vampires goes into in depth research about vampire myths and legends from around the world and even covers close vampire relatives including witches, werewolves, ghouls and ghosts. You'll also find vampire like murderers throughout history and literary vampires, even Victorian vampires and of course a whole chapter of Anne Rice's vampires. This is a great book I am keeping on my reference shelf because it is full of all kinds of vampire facts, stats and detailed little trivia. (Is there a vampire Trivia Pursuit game, that would be so fangsome, I bet I would totally rock playing that game).

The Everything Vampire Book focuses mostly on literature, movies and legends but is also an invaluable resource for vampire facts and stats. Another keeper for my reference shelf.

Being such a huge vampire fan I have to admit I collect just about anything and everything about vampires that I can. So these books are added to my little collection of everything vampiric.

Someday I hope to get my hands on one of those authentic vampire slaying kits back from Victorian times but do you know they go for thousands of dollars? Wow. Maybe after I become a NYT Bestseller, right? :-) I'll also have a much bigger house with a whole room to devote to my vampire collections.

Anyway if you are a fang fan like I am these books should be on your must have list. Check them out, if nothing else they are entertaining.

No comments:

 
BLOG DESIGN FOR FANG-TASTIC BOOKS BY BARBARA.
RED CORSET © HALAQUINN ARCADIAS. GOTHIC NIGHT © ASHEN SHARROW.