Friday, January 8, 2010

Free Book Friday: A Signed Copy of The Calling by Paul M Strickler

I have something a little different for you today- a horror novel by a fellow Michigan author I came across at the Genesee Valley Mall while Christmas shopping, Paul M Strickler.

I didn't get the chance to talk to him during my own nightmare of Christmas shopping at the mall but I did grab his card and contact him later about offering a book for Free Book Friday which he so graciously did, a signed copy, too.

The Calling sounds like a scary read, set right here in my state- Michigan. Which makes it a must read for me.

Here's some info about the book-Back-Cover Synopsis

The Sarasin family's move to northern Michigan is meant as a getaway from the stressful big-city life of suburban Detroit. Instead, they find themselves engaged in an epic struggle . . . with a demon, their new house's sinister past and with themselves.

From a mysterious stranger who stalks them, to a hotel clerk who describes their house's former owner as "a doctor not of the living . . . but of the dying," from sounds of digging and voices under their house to an enormous "stone circle" used for Satan worship in the forest behind them, from the discovery of journals describing demon calling to a sheriff who's "one of them," the Sarasins are plunged into a seemingly unstoppable descent as pawns in a game where the future of the world depends upon their ability to stop the creation of an immense "gate"--a portal between the world of the living and that of the revengeful dead.

Want to learn more about The Calling?

Read a long excerpt from the Prologue here.

Read a short excerpt here.

Learn more about Paul here.

Want to win this signed copy?

Leave a comment on this post with your contact info.

US shipping only please.

27 comments:

SiNn said...

sounds awesome i love scary reads

mortalsinn@yahoo.com

Amanda Leigh said...

I'd love to win this! It would definitely be a little different than my usual reads!

Amanda Leigh said...

Maybe I shouldn't be doing this when I'm tired b/c then I forget to do things like leave my email.

mandan513(at)hotmail(dot)com

Kris said...

I love horror books!

ksg_amg(at)yahoo.com

iasa said...

The book sounds like something I definitely need to read.

dreaminofafrika@gmail.com

Wicked Walker said...

Wow..this book sounds good. First I have heard of it!

booknerdd(at)gmail(dot)com

Anonymous said...

Ooh! I love a scary read. This made me think that maybe I haven't read enough horror lately and I must fix that. The Calling has that Amityville feel to it, which I love. Demons and hauntings give me nightmares, but I'd love to win this book:)

vampchixreadbooks@gmail.com

StephTheBookworm said...

I love scary books! Please enter me in.

stephaniet117@yahoo.com

tetewa said...

I'm always looking for new authors to read and this sounds good!

SandyG265 said...

I haven't read a horror book for a while. This sounds like a good one.

sgiden AT verizon DOT net

Gina said...

Oooh! That's great that you found a local author! The book sounds a bit on the scary side there, but hey...we all need a little scare now and then. (Books are a safe scare!) Count me in!

grgenius(at)go(dot)com

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the giveaway!! :)

katlynpicard(at)yahoo(dot)com

Rosie said...

There's nothing like a good scary book and this one sounds like a winner. Thanks for offering up a copy!!

rosie0512 @ hotmail . com

kalynnick said...

Enter me in please. Thanks!

kalynnick AT yahoo DOT com

Brick Marlin said...

The Calling sounds like an engaging read; a nice chill along my spine goes a long way, you know....
Please sign me up to win a free copy!

brickmarlin@gmail.com
www.brickmarlin.com

booklover0226 said...

It's been a long time since I've read a really scary, leave the lights on and cover my head with covers book.

Yeah, I'm ready for one.

Thanks,
Tracey D
booklover0226 AT gmail.com

katsrus said...

Love a good scarey book! Please include me.
Sue B
katsrus(at)gmail(dot)com

donnas said...

Sounds great. I would love the chance to read this. Perfect for a late night read.

bacchus76 at myself dot com

Sherry said...

I haven't read a scary book in a long time I use to love them. This one sounds great.

sstrode@scrtc.com

Debby said...

This book sounds really scary. How serendipitous that you met him.

Judy said...

This really sounds good!! I love finding books while looking for something else. I really enjoy scary!!


magnolias_1@msn.com

Debby said...

This book sounds really scary. How serendipitous that you met him.
debby236 at att dot net

Estella said...

Have not heard of this author. Would love to read his book.

kissinoak at verizon dot net

Van Pham said...

Sounds great, would love to win this book to read!


van p.
Littopandaxpress(at)yahoo(dot)com

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the giveaway!

katlynpicard(at)yahoo.com

Andrea I said...

It sounds like a very read. I would love to win it.




ainfinger@comcast.net

mrsshukra said...

I would like to be entered!

delilah0180(at)yahoo(dot)com

 
BLOG DESIGN FOR FANG-TASTIC BOOKS BY BARBARA.
RED CORSET © HALAQUINN ARCADIAS. GOTHIC NIGHT © ASHEN SHARROW.