Monday, January 25, 2010

Monday Musings January 25, 2010

Wow!! Pictures, Images and Photos

So I spent another weekend without Internet access thanks to AT&T. You know having high speed is great- when it's working. At least with dial up it was always there. Now...

And even though I now have Internet again I have no wireless so I can't use my laptop, my teenager is having fits because he can't use his laptop or iTouch... arg. I guess I have to buy a new router.

So onto happier notes, I wrote over the weekend when I wasn't bitching about not having web access and when I wasn't dealing with AT&T tech support- we spoke with I think, six different ones over the weekend.

I didn't get a whole lot of writing done though because I was gathering info and adding up stuff so I can do our taxes.

Yes, I do my own taxes. TurboTax.com is a godsend. I've been using the software for years and highly recommend it. Simple, easy, and it guides you every step of the way. (And no they didn't pay me to say that, I honestly love them and have been using them for 8 or 9 years now).

So this week we have some great stuff going on: an interview and giveaway with author Jude Stephens, an interview with Honoria Ravena, and Angie Fox will be here Friday for a guest blog and some goodies to give away.

Be sure to drop by Roxanne's Realm this week if you like erotica books- I have two big giveaways going on this week- 5 copies of Single Husbands by HoneyB and 2 copies of Sex, Love and Valentines a collection of Valentine erotica from Xcite.

This week three of my stories are up at The Better Sex Erotic Fiction contest so please drop by and vote for your favorite. Thanks.

I think that's all for now, have a great week everyone.

6 comments:

Roxanne Rhoads said...

They don't have my stories up yet for the Better Sex Fiction contest. Of course it is still early in California so I'll be patient for a bit.

Jackie said...

You make me very happy Roxanne that I chose to go with Road Runner High Speed through Time Warner and that so far no bumps in my Internet service in almost a year of using them. I hated having only dial-up for so many years but money and locale dictated it was the only access we had to the WWW!
thanks for the lovely words of wisdom and the whole site over at Roxanne's Realm, it has given me some interesting reading material and some great ideas on how to re-kindle some "married for a long time" sexual intensity! I do feel more sensual as I age just not sure at times how to express it and women like yourself who put down in words what we all feel help out from time to time when we need a little helping boost .

jackie b central texas

Roxanne Rhoads said...

Thanks Jackie, I am so glad you enjoy my work. It's great knowing that someone is reading my advice and that it helps. :-)

I know what you mean about dial up-I had to wait forever to get high speed in my area and so far it is AT&T or Comcast and me and Comcast have some issues- they say I owe money I say I don't. They kept charging me for service after I switched to Directv and I refuse to pay. So I can't get high speed through them- so AT&T is my only option...for now.

booklover0226 said...

I'm so dependent on the internet and go stir crazy (for a short period of time) without it.

Then all I have to do is look at my bookcases, filled with books and I just pick one and enjoy!

Tracey D

Roxanne Rhoads said...

My stories are up for voting now. I hope you'll all stop by.

Thanks so much.

~Rox

writtenwyrdd said...

Oh yes, Turbotax Premium! Makes a snatching your head bald experience almost easy. I still spent over four hours finishing my taxes on Sunday, though. And that was round 2.

 
BLOG DESIGN FOR FANG-TASTIC BOOKS BY BARBARA.
RED CORSET © HALAQUINN ARCADIAS. GOTHIC NIGHT © ASHEN SHARROW.