Sunday, January 24, 2010

Vampires, Michele Hauf, and Her Upcoming Books

Michele Hauf Q&A (from Michele's latest press release)

Tell us about yourself:

I’ve always told stories in my head, but decided to start writing them down after my son was born (19 years ago).

The first story I wrote was about a rockstar vampire and featured a pissed-off ghost, time-travel, fringy leather rockstar pants (this was the early 90s) and even the kitchen sink. I hadn’t realized I’d written a romance, but after it sold, I went on to write more romance (historical, fantasy, paranormal), and I haven’t looked back since. I’ve been delightfully surprised that others like to read the stories that entertain me!

Why paranormal romance?

I’m not sure why that first book had a vampire in it, but I found him to be incredibly sexy. The immortal bad-boy image works for me. For a story to hold my interest it’s gotta have something not-normal in it. And writing heroes who have lived for centuries allows me to indulge my love for history with their backstories. And the sky is really the limit when it comes to creating characters. Vampires, werewolves, faeries, mermaids, chimeras. What’s not to
love?

Most of your books are set in Minnesota and Paris. What’s up with that?

Well, obviously, I am not writing what I know because I don’t drink blood. But I do like setting stories in places I’m familiar with. I’ve lived in Minnesota all my life, and what better place for a vampire to live? It’s provides six months of dark winter for him to thrive! And the werewolves really do love the Boundary Waters Canoe Area. I got to visit Paris a few years ago. I loved the city, but was a little disappointed it wasn’t the 18th century. No queen parading by in a gilded carriage? Where were the sexy fops in frockcoats? I think I must have existed in Paris sometime during that century. In proof, Versailles felt like home to me. Hmm...

Are all your paranormal books in the same series?

I’ve done a few paranormal series for the Nocturne line: Bewitch The Dark and Wicked Games. The first series focused on witches and vampires; Wicked Games focused on vampires, werewolves and a few other paranormal types. But all my paranormal stories are set in the same world. So my vampires in one book are going to be the same in another book. Same methods of surviving; same methods of destruction. I’m introducing angels in June and yep, still the same world. I like to write each story so it stands alone, and readers won’t feel like they’ve missed something from a previous book.

What’s up with the VampChix blog and Bite Club?

VampChix was started because I love vampires. I wanted a blog that celebrates the vampire by featuring guest authors who write about vampires, also movies, books, and anything else vamp-related. Bite Club was born from that blog. It is an online book club that reads only vampire stories. Each month we select a different title. HER VAMPIRE HUSBAND will be the featured title for April. Anna Dougherty is the Bite Club moderator and she keeps the blog buzzing with posts related to the books and excellent discussion questions. Authors also stop by to chat
when we discuss their book.

What’s next from you?

In April I have HER VAMPIRE HUSBAND, as well as an electronic short story, “The Vampire’s Tango” from Nocturne Bites. Tango features a secondary character from HER VAMPIRE HUSBAND that I hope readers will want to learn more about (and it’s set in Paris; whoda thought?).

May finds me indulging my love for writing action-adventure with THE BONE CONJURER, written under the Alex Archer pseudonym (Gold Eagle).

In June I have ANGEL SLAYER from Nocturne (angels and demons) and “Halo Hunter”, another short electronic story from Nocturne Bites. Watch for more stories from HQN in 2011!

Find Michele Hauf at:

http://www.michelehauf.com/
http://dustedbywhimsy.blogspot.com/
http://vampchix.blogspot.com/


And be sure to check out Michele's upcoming book HER VAMPIRE HUSBAND


She may resist his bite, but she can't
resist his charms...

Werewolf princess Blu Masterson won't allow her
seductive vampire husband to consummate their
marriage with his bite, marking her forever. Alone
in a secluded estate with her sworn enemy, Blu
curses the marriage arranged to bring their rival
nations together, especially since Creed Saint-
Pierre calls out to her most feral desires.

When Blu uncovers her pack's secret plot to
destroy the vampire nation—and Creed—she is
forced to confront her growing feelings for her
sexy undead husband. Will she choose the only life
she's ever known or accept his vampire bite?




Her Vampire Husband
Michele Hauf

ISBN: 0-373-77499-9
HQN mass market paperback
March 30, 2010

3 comments:

booklover0226 said...

I've read Kiss Me Deadly and really enjoyed. I look forward in reading this next book from Michele.

Thanks,
Tracey D

j.leigh.bailey said...

Michele--I've read your books in Nocturn, but it's clear that I need to go beyond that. My Vampire Husband looks great. I'll definitely be picking that up. Thanks for sharing!

Jackie said...

Good way to start my Sunday. Good morning Roxanne and Michele, thanks for the lovely interview always nice to find out more from Michele about the origination of her wonderful entertaining books. Thank goodness 19 years ago the inspiration that started the whole thing was a love of vampires and all things related because it has given us fans lots of good books to read and from the sound of this interview many more to come in the future.


jackie b central texas

 
BLOG DESIGN FOR FANG-TASTIC BOOKS BY BARBARA.
RED CORSET © HALAQUINN ARCADIAS. GOTHIC NIGHT © ASHEN SHARROW.