Monday, July 5, 2010

August is Going to Be Michigan Month at Fang-tastic Books

I am a Michigan girl born and bred and the last couple years (decades) have been rough on the area even though we are a state rich in natural beauty and resources.

Michigan is a water wonderland being surrounded by the Great Lakes and filled with vast amounts of other lakes, streams and rivers that make us a very wet and wonderful place to live if you enjoy fishing, boating or just staring at water.

I was just sitting here thinking about all the places in Michigan I have yet to travel to an enjoy and during my procrastinating, I mean brainstorming, I came up with the idea of having a whole month dedicated to Michigan here at Fang-tastic Books.

So my official Fang-tastic decree is that August is going to be Michigan month at Fang-tastic Books.

That means I am going to be showcasing Michigan authors (example: Colleen Gleason, Joss Ware) and authors who are originally from Michigan (Kimberly Frost, Lynda Hilburn).

I will also be posting about Michigan places, events and stuff that is made in Michigan (just to keep things interesting and mix it up a bit).

If you are a Michigan author and would like to be showcased here at Fang-tastic Books in August please contact me to set up a date.

If you know of a Michigan author I should contact please let me know. I have a short list but will be searching for more.

I am specifically looking for Michigan authors who write Urban Fantasy, Paranormal Romance, Horror, or anything else paranormally related that either live in Michigan now or who are originally from Michigan.

All types of authors accepted: adult, romance, YA, children's, ebooks, etc- as long as the authors are from Michigan (this is just for the month of August).

If interested or you would like more info please email me at RoxanneRhoads @ aol. com

3 comments:

debbie said...

Waves to another Michigander. I know it's not books, but you could always do the traverse city cherries, or the mackinaw fudge. LOL I haven't had either for a long time.

Jenny Trout said...

Dude, I sent you an email, but I want to make sure no spam stuff gets in the way. I'm totally up for this, if you're interested.

Roxanne Rhoads said...

Jennifer my email seems to be wreaking havoc on communication lately so I'll send you an email from my yahoo account

 
BLOG DESIGN FOR FANG-TASTIC BOOKS BY BARBARA.
RED CORSET © HALAQUINN ARCADIAS. GOTHIC NIGHT © ASHEN SHARROW.