Sunday, March 6, 2011

A Review of Secrets of the Demon by Diana Rowland









Book Description:

Homicide detective Kara Gillian has a special talent: she can sense the "arcane" in our world, and there's quite a bit of it, even in Beaulac, Louisiana. She's also a summoner of demons, and works on a task force that deals with supernatural crimes. Her partners are attractive and smart FBI agents, but they're not summoners, and they're not telling Kara why they are on this special force with her.

TO make things worse, Kara has pledged herself to one of the most powerful of demons-a Demon Lord-who helped save her partner's life, but now expects things in return. Meanwhile, she's trying to solve a string of murders that are somehow tied together by money, sex, rock music and...mud. But how can she concentrate on the case when she's not even sure who-or what-her partners are?



My Review:

It amazes me that books just keep getting better as a series goes on. Diana Rowland has created a world rich in detail with characters you just have to know more about.

Secrets of the Demon immediately sucked me in. I devoured this book in less than two days, staying up until three o'clock in the morning just to finish it because I could not put it down.

Why couldn't I put it down?

Well let me just say...Wow.

No seriously wow.

The story is really picking up momentum and getting into the juicier details of things that are going on. Now nothing seriously major gets revealed yet, not on the grand scale of it all, but a few juicy tidbits are given to us that will definitely make you hunger for more.

The few things that were revealed in this book, I didn't see coming at all.

Now I knew there was something about Ryan that was different, that he was involved with the demons somehow, maybe a summoner or something that did them wrong. But what gets revealed is not what I expected.

And Rhyzkahl...what is he up to? He lulls Kara into compliance with naughtiness then while she sleeps he's wandering around and doing who knows what, but I'm sure he's got a plan.

Oh and I haven't even mentioned the main plot of this book is about a rock band whose members and people close to them keep ending up dead, killed by some strange mud man. Who is behind the deaths and why? Another wow. I was kept guessing on this one and was not disappointed.

By far the best book in the series so far. Now I definitely can not wait to read more of these characters. I want to find out what's going on with Ryan and what is Lord Rhyzkahl up to.

If you want something new and different in urban fantasy, this series is for a you. It's a great blend of police procedure and crime fighting mixed with demon summoning and the arcane world.

No comments:

 
BLOG DESIGN FOR FANG-TASTIC BOOKS BY BARBARA.
RED CORSET © HALAQUINN ARCADIAS. GOTHIC NIGHT © ASHEN SHARROW.