Saturday, April 16, 2011

Beautiful Sins by Jennifer Hampton

Thank you Fang-tastic Books for having me. I’m Jennifer Hampton, paranormal romance author of Beautiful Sins: Leigha Lowery, the first book in the series, which was released in February of 2009.

What happens when you get a world mixed with dark fantasy, dystopia, and a healthy dose of romance? Two words: Beautiful Sins.

The Book is based off a recurring dream I had a few years back. I was really big on science fiction and horror flicks at the time; that’s probably one of the main reasons my subconscious developed this particular set of dreams. I dreamed of an old evil vampire; a soulless creature that is destined to bring havoc on the world and a young princess; she is the only person that can balance him out. When I looked back in my old journals, I noticed that each dream was different, yet it held the same two characters. It was almost as if my subconscious was telling me a story.

Beautiful Sins is a paranormal romance with a little science fiction twist. In the year of 2009, America falls into a vast war with Russia over their technology intelligence. Russian scientists have invented weapons that run purely from solar energy. In defense, American scientists have designed a massive missile that will block the country’s view of the sun; but something goes awry. The missile actually goes off in California, and a large portion of America and some countries in Canada are covered in cloud cover. Over the years, the crime rate in the infected area has risen beyond control and the President is forced to disown the area in order to prevent a civil war. Therefore, the area is given a new name: The Dark Coast. A few years later, a mysterious King enters from an unknown area, offering to bring order to the Coast.

In the year 2026, Leigha Lowery, a young naive sixteen year old writer from Detroit ends up being pulled away from her home to live on The Dark Coast. Many rumors have been circulating outside The Coast, and Leigha is about to discover that there’s more going on than she imagined. During her adjustment to her new lifestyle, she captures the attention of a very old Vampire Prince. He pulls her into a world of Vampires, Werewolves, Witches, and many other creatures that have decided to make The Dark Coast their home.

I’ve also written several short stories that chronicle the lives of the many residents within the Dark Coast. You’ll get to read some of the back story behind the many characters that are briefly introduced in the series.

Right now, I’m working on Beautiful Sins: The Divide, the fourth installment to the Beautiful Sins Series

http://beautiful-sins.com

3 comments:

booklover0226 said...

Jennifer,

You're a new author for me but not for long. I'm going to your site to learn more about you and your works.

I have a feeling some books will make their way into my shopping cart!

Thanks,
Tracey

She said...

The cover is gorgeous. The blue is a beautiful shade and stands out well against the black. Beautiful Sins sounds good. I'll have to check it out.

Tanya1224 said...

I wish I had dreams like that ;) The book sounds great...I just added it to my TBR list.

 
BLOG DESIGN FOR FANG-TASTIC BOOKS BY BARBARA.
RED CORSET © HALAQUINN ARCADIAS. GOTHIC NIGHT © ASHEN SHARROW.