Saturday, August 27, 2011

Review of Burden of Blood by Wenona Hulsey

Book Description:

No one wants to know everyone’s darkest secrets, especially not police officer, Nicole Keenan. All she wants is a blissfully normal life in the small, Alabama town where she was born. But as generations of power running through her veins start to wake up, an ancient grudge is ignited that threatens to push her over the edge. She can hardly believe in what she is, let alone that a dark force will not stop until she's joins them. Or is dead.

Nicole Keenan's life enters into a dangerous dance with warriors and gothic fairies. Southern tradition collides with Irish folklore as she learns about love, heartbreak, and The Burden of Blood.

Get it Amazon, Smashwords, BN, Goodreads







My Review:

This book instantly has me asking questions- what's she doing, what's going on, how does she have these abilities, what is she?

So of course the questions made me dive right in so I could get my questions answered. I wish I would have read Blood Awakening first, this might have answered a few questions - or at least introduced me to Nicole's powers. But this is a great stand alone. I don't think I missed much by not reading the first book.

Burden of Blood was a quick read that kept me clicking the page button on my Kindle- next page, next page, OMG what is she, why...and then there's the connection between her and Luke that she just kept trying to fight and Wenona throws in a few more plot twists and turns, a new character and just keeps you glued to the book.

I can't wait to see where she takes this series because I want to learn more about Nicole's twisted fae family tree.

No comments:

 
BLOG DESIGN FOR FANG-TASTIC BOOKS BY BARBARA.
RED CORSET © HALAQUINN ARCADIAS. GOTHIC NIGHT © ASHEN SHARROW.