Monday, February 20, 2012

Review: It Takes a Witch (A Wishcraft Mystery, #1)

It Takes a Witch (A Wishcraft Mystery, #1)It Takes a Witch by Heather Blake

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


I am in love with this new series.

What a wonderful addition to the cozy mystery genre, I love the touch of the paranormal added in.

Heather Blake has created a wonderful new spin on witches in Salem that is both lighthearted and serious. An all around wonderful read to get lost in.

I love mysteries like this because yes- we're dealing with murder- aren't we always? Yet the book and characters are light not all dark, dreary and scary like many paranormal and urban fantasy books are.

Darcy and her sister Harper are characters I am going to love reading more about- and the little side characters- the familiars. I expect they will be stealing the show in future books.

I'm adding this series to my must read list and will be looking forward to each new book.



View all my reviews

No comments:

 
BLOG DESIGN FOR FANG-TASTIC BOOKS BY BARBARA.
RED CORSET © HALAQUINN ARCADIAS. GOTHIC NIGHT © ASHEN SHARROW.