Monday, February 20, 2012

Review: Third Grave Dead Ahead (Charley Davidson #3)

Third Grave Dead Ahead (Charley Davidson #3)Third Grave Dead Ahead by Darynda Jones

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


No author can make me laugh as much as Darynda Jones.



The first book had me laughing so hard people were looking at me funny at the doctor's office- and that was just from the first three pages.



This book was the same, within the first couple pages I was snorting, giggling and finally laughing out loud. Though this time I made sure to read in the privacy of my own so no one would give me dirty looks.



Darynda's humor is kooky, snarky, and sometimes downright odd which is perfect for me cause I'm kinda the same way- a little off and a lot snarky. ;-)



Charley is an oddball character, a little wild, complex, self deprecating at times, and oh yeah- the Grim Reaper. So I think that allows her some humor and craziness right? Especially when people always seem to be trying to kill her.



Charley's assistant Cookie is just as fun and their banter is a joy to read.



The men in Charley's life...so many men. From family to friends to the Son of Satan, who has an unhealthy obsession with her, to the new biker guys added in this book. Wow- makes you wonder exactly who she's going to get sick of and who she'll end up with. Reyes is sexy as hell but I really can't stand his abusive attitude. Yeah I get it, Son of Satan but does he have to be such a threatening control freak? And she makes excuses for him "he was like a cage animal". Yeah abused women make excuses like that for their abusive psycho boyfriends and husbands too. Doesn't make it right.



So other than Reyes's over Alpha, way too violent demeanor, I thoroughly enjoy every single action packed, humor laced line in these books.



All I can say is "Darynda, please write faster. I can not get enough of Charley Davidson."



View all my reviews

No comments:

 
BLOG DESIGN FOR FANG-TASTIC BOOKS BY BARBARA.
RED CORSET © HALAQUINN ARCADIAS. GOTHIC NIGHT © ASHEN SHARROW.