Monday, September 14, 2009

Monday Musings September 14

So it was a rough weekend, full of stress but I did get some good news. Just a little though, enough to offer a slimmer of light to guide me through the darkness.

I was so stressed I didn't get much writing done so instead I zoned out with TV. My brain hurt too much to think and TV is a great mind number.

Guess what I found? A marathon of old Wolf Lake tv shows on Chiller. I watched nine episodes, I wonder if that's all there was? I remember catching a few episodes back in 2001 and wondering what happened to the show.

Paranormal just didn't do good back then. I bet a show like that would rock now especially seeing it's in the same Seattle area/setting that Twilight is in plus it's werewolves. And the dark brooding eyebrow guy from the new Vampire Diaries was in it.

I now think he must really be a vampire because in the 8 or 9 years since the show he still looks the same and still plays a teenager, of course now in the Vampire Diaries he's an immortal teenager, in Wolf Lake he was the brooding bad boy son of the pack's Alpha. Talk about typecast. I've seen this guy as a werewolf, a Nephelim, and now a vampire. Must be the eyebrows that get him cast as non-human. :-)

Anyway, Wolf Lake was a pretty good show I would have liked to see where they were going with the storyline.

I see Chiller is playing some other television shows that were short lived. I am going to have to check them out.

OK, so onto other things. Dawne Domique will be here tomorrow discussing her new vampire book Eden's Hell.

Last week's contests are still open so make sure to get your name in the comments section before winners are picked tomorrow for Free Book Friday and the Terry Spear contest. Good luck.

5 comments:

Ashley L said...

Roxanne, I completely understand about your stressful weekend. I had one myself. With two tests this week in Microbiology and Molecular biology I reverted to my one escape of reading romance novels inbetween studying. I couldn't find anything as good as paranormal shows on TV but I wish I did. I love the paranormal, reading and watching it. And that guy with the eyebrow on Vampire Diaries does have and otherworld look to him.

Sage Ravenwood said...

I caught the same marathon. I think it ended after the 9 episodes. The one where the woman is made the Alpha. I was delirious when I discover the same guy that was in Vampire Diaries. Freaky thing is he doesn't look like he aged at all. (Hugs)Indigo

Barbara said...

I remember Wolf Lake. I liked that show and yep it was just the nine episodes. I guess Paul's eyebrows just scream otherworldly since he really gets around in that world. I think I might be part vampire myself because of my aversion to sunlight and being able to burn in a few minutes or less. I guess I better keep some lapis around. I wonder what he uses.

Dawné Dominique said...

You do the same thing as I do when stressed, Roxanne. I watch movies in order to give my brain a rest. *chuckles*

The one series I'd like to see return is Kindred: The Embraced. I swear, the main character on there was the most perfect vampire I'd ever seen. Well, he sizzled for me. *blushes* Mark Frankel (who played Julian Luna) died in a motocycle accident just into shooting, I believe, the third season. I know eBay was selling the series, but I'm still trying to find it here. I'd never seen Wolf Lake and, in fact, never heard of it. From reading your post, I'd love to see it; however, we don't always get the same shows here Canada.

rita said...

Somehow I missed all of these paranormal shows the first time around; I've got some catching up to do!

I'm holding TrueBlood season one for this weekend while my husband is out of town......

 
BLOG DESIGN FOR FANG-TASTIC BOOKS BY BARBARA.
RED CORSET © HALAQUINN ARCADIAS. GOTHIC NIGHT © ASHEN SHARROW.